Hong Kong and British Guarantees

Bearing in mind we seized HK from the Chinese in the first place I think they have every right to control it. Just because we were good at war a hundred years ago and the shameful way we conducted ourselves doesn't mean we can still control what goes on there.

Bearing in mind we seized HK from the Chinese in the first place I think they have every right to control it. Just because we were good at war a hundred years ago and the shameful way we conducted ourselves doesn't mean we can still control what goes on there.
You clearly have no idea when and how HK came under British control so you ought not to comment.

You clearly have no idea when and how HK came under British control so you ought not to comment.

Pardon ? I know my history as regards to Hong Kong, how the Chinese brought in a law to stop us (India) selling their citizens Opium as they were all smackheads. This affected the huge profits we (The East India Company) made which allowed them to buy fine silks and spices which were then shipped to the Uk and even more profit was made.
We sent in gunboats, attacked them and forced them to surrender. As part of the surrender treaty we forced the Chinese government to repay all the merchants who had Opium seized, to annul the law prohibiting the sale of Opium and handing over Hong Kong to the British for 100 years. OK that is a very short summary but pretty accurate I would say.

Pardon ? I know my history as regards to Hong Kong, how the Chinese brought in a law to stop us (India) selling their citizens Opium as they were all smackheads. This affected the huge profits we (The East India Company) made which allowed them to buy fine silks and spices which were then shipped to the Uk and even more profit was made.
We sent in gunboats, attacked them and forced them to surrender. As part of the surrender treaty we forced the Chinese government to repay all the merchants who had Opium seized, to annul the law prohibiting the sale of Opium and handing over Hong Kong to the British for 100 years. OK that is a very short summary but pretty accurate I would say.
Well done. You can google.

Next time try googling before rather than after.

Well done. You can google.

Next time try googling before rather than after.

I am not sure why you have to be so hostile, did I sink your boat ? For your info I have known those facts long before Google was a plaything of the lazy.
I cannot see what has so upset you, we were good at war, we were certainly better than the Chinese ! and we did seize it under the guns of a warship. We also thought it was great to sell Morphine to the Chinese in huge quantities and yet when it is dirty Pakistanis (no longer India) selling Diamorphine to make British people into smack heads it is wrong.

But if you want to be nasty and aggressive so be it. Strange post all the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.