Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

Have supported City as the most important thing in my life since the mid 60s, and watched most home games and many aways until the move from Maine Rd. The move coincided with a couple of bereavements and I no longer had anyone to go to City with my support was only from my armchair. I lived in Burnley late 70s early 80s and went on the Turf many Saturdays and have many friends over there and now have a season ticket in the Longside. City will always be my first love but I love watching live footy with good friends and good beer and for that reason about to go and watch my home town Fleetwood. If City win tomorrow will be a great weekend if all three will be perfect. Hope this answers your question most of my contributions on here relate to events pre 2003.
Each to their own; I’ve never understood people who have several allegiances - I couldn’t go and watch / cheer anyone except City, even if I had to move. But, as I say, each to their own.

Same here. Never been able to get my head around people who support more than 1 club.
My much younger brother would agree with you he's strictly City and England and gives me a bit of stick. I'm 67 years old and do what suits me. To me a Saturday without footy is a day wasted. My original response was to someone who supports City and Blackburn.

One man went to mo
He’s only a poor little
Your in the valley
We’ll see you all outside
You should have come in a taxi
With a bottle and a spade
If you’re all going ?? Clap your hands
They were the days plenty of boozers great lads fantastic stadium it was OURS MCFC OK

Each to their own; I’ve never understood people who have several allegiances - I couldn’t go and watch / cheer anyone except City, even if I had to move. But, as I say, each to their own.
Ditto,same here.
My best mate died in 2016 and he unlike me,was slightly interested in the England national team.

I once asked him how much ,and he caved in and said " compared to City it means nothing " and he then added
" there's only one team for me and they play in blue and white "

great contribution.......cheers for that.

Now baffle off.

Most of these dicks who post these anti hooligan shit posts are probably proper mummys boys brought up in fucking spoilt brat homes .....not shitholes like most of us cunts.

It wasn't just football it kicked off at.....Nightclubs, School, the streets. Scrapping was everywhere ffs
Love it. What a pretentious ****. Who the fuck uses the term “baffles”? Grammar schooled, posh ****. ;)

Spot on and this little tale sums up the character of 99% of ” hooligans” whether they’re City fans or not. Virtually none of em have any bottle and in any one on one situation would be cruelly exposed for the unskilled fannys they truly are.
Absolutely correct mate. Unrelated, but one of my favourite memories from an international tournament is the other year when the English “firms” got utterly, completely, and absolutely smashed to smithereens by a smaller number of proper ‘hooligans’, the Russians.
Theses gobby, cowardly, shit-house wankers got complete fucked up and slapped all the way back to “Ingerland”.

Absolutely brilliant and richly deserved.

They’ve barely made a peep ever since. I’ve never seen a single film of a “hooligan” having a fair one on one straightener. Because they’re all, to a man, exclusively cowards.

Too be fair mate Leeds away on the train was always a risk special or service, in them days you knew the possible outcomes , as for city always melted away ? You must of been unfortunate. Millwall is Millwall that’s why they respect us ( back in the day ) .
A lot of places were tricky away with City back in the day. Then again Maine road was hardly very welcoming in the 70's early 80's. Leeds and many other clubs fans used to get terrorised. Very naughty times.

Absolutely correct mate. Unrelated, but one of my favourite memories from an international tournament is the other year when the English “firms” got utterly, completely, and absolutely smashed to smithereens by a smaller number of proper ‘hooligans’, the Russians.
Theses gobby, cowardly, shit-house wankers got complete fucked up and slapped all the way back to “Ingerland”.

They’ve barely made a peep ever since. I’ve never seen a single film of a “hooligan” having a fair one on one straightener. Because they’re all, to a man, exclusively cowards.

Yeah, a bunch of steded upped, trained fighters running round the streets of France attacking every scarfer they came across was great fun.

The 50 year Portsmouth fan who was still being attacked as he lay unconscious and not breathing, as police tried to re-start his heart, was a particular highlight for me.

It was rumoured that Putin had sent special forces over to give English fans a taste of what would happen in Russia if they stepped out of line. I was worried sick as my Blackpool supporting nephew was out there after Marseiile they gave England fans a wide berth and chummed up with some Northern Ireland fans. Whatever the truth of what happened in Marseille, it certainly worked as the Russian world cup was totally trouble free.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.