Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

I'll point something out to both yourself and @Kazzydeyna . For a large number of years now there has been no known hooligans travelling with England. They are not allowed as they have banning orders and have to surrender their passports when England are playing away. The majority of England fans following England abroad are just normal fans, shirters. Now a few young lads not convicted of a football related offence may make the trip, get pissed and play up, as young lads do everywhere. That happens on holidays too. In no way, shape or form are they hardened hooligans or fighters.
The problem now of course is they suffer from the years England were the top hooligan firm in Europe. They are still treated that way by the police and are a target for all the hooligan firms abroad, who's countries are at least twenty years behind us in rooting out the problem. Hence they mainly get battered now as they're not there for a fight, just to watch the football.
This thread is about hooliganism around Maine Road and City, the England hooligans were a separate issue altogether.

Just more anti-English shite mate, some people need lots more vinegar to go with the huge chips on their shoulders.

My nephew was there said Russia got in our end at the final whistle and we got spanked.
Of that I’ve got no doubt. It makes me wonder though how the twats would have got on in the mid 70s to 80s in the Kippax or any other end. I don’t think it’s hard to fight somebody that dos’nt want to fight.
It makes me smile though that Putin’s bully boys are probably covered by two inches of soil in a country that doesn’t belong to them.

Of that I’ve got no doubt. It makes me wonder though how the twats would have got on in the mid 70s to 80s in the Kippax or any other end. I don’t think it’s hard to fight somebody that dos’nt want to fight.
It makes me smile though that Putin’s bully boys are probably covered by two inches of soil in a country that doesn’t belong to them.
They'd have got wasted mate.

Like you say, all of em are probably pushing up the daisies now.

I'll point something out to both yourself and @Kazzydeyna . For a large number of years now there has been no known hooligans travelling with England. They are not allowed as they have banning orders and have to surrender their passports when England are playing away. The majority of England fans following England abroad are just normal fans, shirters. Now a few young lads not convicted of a football related offence may make the trip, get pissed and play up, as young lads do everywhere. That happens on holidays too. In no way, shape or form are they hardened hooligans or fighters.
The problem now of course is they suffer from the years England were the top hooligan firm in Europe. They are still treated that way by the police and are a target for all the hooligan firms abroad, who's countries are at least twenty years behind us in rooting out the problem. Hence they mainly get battered now as they're not there for a fight, just to watch the football.
This thread is about hooliganism around Maine Road and City, the England hooligans were a separate issue altogether.

Top post, nail on the head re England fans.

Top post, nail on the head re England fans.

Thanks. I guess everyone views it differently but if you were there you know. It's not glorifying what happened it's just how it went back then, rightly or wrongly. While people can of course have their point of view those who didn't live through it can't really make judgment. Going to a game in those days was a different kettle of fish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.