Hopes for the season

I think with the amount of squad movement this season could be anything. I think we will win a major trophy. IF Pep gets a team gelling quickly we can do anything this season. We will be so much better prepared compared to last season. On paper some better defenders and a goalkeeper who looks a better version than Joe Hart. If we can keep every player motivated the worlds our ocean.

League = Winners
FA Cup = Winners
League Cup = Semi final
Champions League = Semi Final

A lot will depend on staying injury free to key players Kompany , Silva , KDB and Aguero. Then see how the second season players play this season in Jesus and Sane if they can repeat last seasons form were in for a speical year. Also see how quickly the new signings fit into the team.

As ever, domestic treble. However, I'm not convinced the jigsaw is complete, so unless we land Sanchez I think a cup and maybe the final of the CL.

None of us are quite sure of the formation, and a lot will depend on how the team evolves, especially if Bernardo starts to impose his authority, and gradually replaces Silva as our main link in midfield.
Similarly, Aguero, Silva, and De Bruyne all suffered a run of poor form at some point last season, whilst Sane was a slow starter, Gundogan suffered a bad injury, and Jesus hardly featured until we were out of the title reckoning.
This time, we'll have far more options, plus quicker full backs.
However, I fully expect the goalkeeping debate to resurface pretty shortly.

What I want is for the squad not to underachieve and I'll judge that at the end of the season based on the evidence; another trophy-less season would be a disappointment but the one thing I want most is the team to play football that thrills and excites in the face of what I expect will be a procession of parked municipal mass transit vehicles looking to spoil the party. I want City to wow people and, if they do that, the trophies will follow.

If forced to set a target it would be winning the league whilst setting records for goals scored and average possession.

I still think though that Pep needs to be here for several years to bring about the transformation of how City play and to breed the right mentality across the club so patience will remain a virtue; it does look though as if he has a squad that is much more suited to the task than last season's was.

Here's to progress.

Don't care about the FA cup, much prefer the league cup nowadays as it's out the way early. I'd like to win that and the league and get to at least the semis of the CL. Would be a magnificent season if we could achieve that.

I expect us to win the league and reach the UCL quarters (in which case I don't care about the domestic cups) or come second with both cups and a good UCL run.

But more specifically I think we should aim for some of these league targets:
- Average at least 2.5 goals a game
- Lose five matches or fewer
- Try and concede fewer than 30 goals
- Get one of Sterling, Bernardo and Jesus the YPOTY award
- Golden Boot for Aguero
- De Bruyne to break the assist record (20 in a season, set by Henry)
- Stones to rebuild his reputation as England's most promising youngster
- Sterling to surpass 10 league goals and assists
- Gundogan to get back to full fitness
- Kompany to play at least thirty games

I expect us to win the league and reach the UCL quarters (in which case I don't care about the domestic cups) or come second with both cups and a good UCL run.

But more specifically I think we should aim for some of these league targets:
- Average at least 2.5 goals a game
- Lose five matches or fewer
- Try and concede fewer than 30 goals
- Get one of Sterling, Bernardo and Jesus the YPOTY award
- Golden Boot for Aguero
- De Bruyne to break the assist record (20 in a season, set by Henry)
- Stones to rebuild his reputation as England's most promising youngster
- Sterling to surpass 10 league goals and assists
- Gundogan to get back to full fitness
- Kompany to play at least thirty games

I'd also like Sane and KDB to score at least 15 goals in all comps
A few youngsters to get some proper game time
And for the team to be regarded feared entertainers, capable of dismantling any side, playing a brand of football that teams world wide envy and want to emulate

Kun wins the title in the dying seconds...... Merlin to be in the team of the season...... Vinny to score the winner in the CL final....... united relegated ....... if carlsberg did football seasons

All players stay fit and healthy without any serious injury. That the players with their team performance put on dazzling football which entertains the fans who pay to see them. Any silverware at the end of the season will be a bonus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.