How bothered are you about the FA Cup this season?

You don't get the message.
We should be happy and humble that our club is in a situation that we have a better chance winning silverware, something fans from other clubs can only dream about. Just like we did in not so distant history. I expect City-fans to remember where they come from and stop discussing idiotic threads like what kind of silverware we'd prefer as if we are about to win at least one of them. That is how you gain respect from other fans and stop being labelled as arrogant. Btw I have lived through so many years, even decades without winning anything other than promotion after relegation, so I still cherish whatever win, a game or a prize. The only thing any Cityfan should prefer is to win the next game. Like any other fan of a footballclub.
100 % correct

You don't get the message.
We should be happy and humble that our club is in a situation that we have a better chance winning silverware, something fans from other clubs can only dream about. Just like we did in not so distant history. I expect City-fans to remember where they come from and stop discussing idiotic threads like what kind of silverware we'd prefer as if we are about to win at least one of them. That is how you gain respect from other fans and stop being labelled as arrogant. Btw I have lived through so many years, even decades without winning anything other than promotion after relegation, so I still cherish whatever win, a game or a prize. The only thing any Cityfan should prefer is to win the next game. Like any other fan of a footballclub.

I think you're misunderstanding me. Of course I'm happy that we're in this situation. All I tried to do was start a discussion to see what everyone's opinions were. It's been turned into a personal thing. My post history suggests that I'm as grateful as anyone for the position the club is in and obviously I'll take any silverware we can get.

My point is that we essentially sacrificed the EFL Cup in order to improve in the league, and did the same for the FA Cup last season. That got the manager a fair bit of criticism on both occasions but lots of supporters also felt it was the right choice and there is an argument that the decisions were vindicated by later results. I personally am in the latter group but that's not the point.

The reality is that we may yet again be left in a situation where the management feels like they should do the same thing.The question the OP is meant to ask is 'Would you agree if the club decides not to take the FA Cup seriously this season?'. I'm sorry if this wasn't clear. Maybe a change of title would help?

Alternatively, if the mods agree that this is a pointless thread then feel free to delete it. My intention was never to be arrogant about the club but I can see now how it's come across that way.

TL;DR- I fucked up the tone of the original post and it's lead to a lot of people misreading my intentions.

I'd love us to win it, any major trophy is great, and no club can pick and choose what they'd like to win; having clearly sacrificed the League Cup we shouldn't do the same in the FA Cup, strongest side every game. We're very unlikely to win the CL this season (or next unless we sign some fast, competent defenders), and the league title will be tough this year, so the FA Cup could be our best chance of silverware.

It's my favourite competition.

There is nothing better in football than a May trip to Wembley, there are fewer better things in football than a top away trip in an early round to a big ground with 7000 other Blues.

It's the oldest club competition in the world and is a great competition!

It's my favourite competition.

There is nothing better in football than a May trip to Wembley, there are fewer better things in football than a top away trip in an early round to a big ground with 7000 other Blues.

It's the oldest club competition in the world and is a great competition!

It was a great competition. Sadly, its now a pale imitation of its former self.

I have a bonafied erection for the FA Cup, so I think we should always put our best nuts into it and try to make a deep run.

Should put our best available 11 out for it. If we finished 4th and won the cup I'd class it as a good season. If we finish 2nd with no trophy it's a bad season. If we don't see the point in trying our best, what is the point in entering the competition?

I think the clubs that participate in European competitions should be excluded from the league cup. That way it evens out the amount of games each club plays and gives smaller clubs a much better chance of winning a trophy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.