How do we prevent terrorism?

No absolutely not - just want tougher common sense laws - lets say for example the Jihadi next door - on TV with his ISIS flag - bring in a law where he gets 20 years prison for supporting Terrorism - would save lives. That's it - don't see what your comment about bombing other countries relates to my views on taking that tough stance and of course all decent Muslims would support him getting 20 years - so my law is common sense. Anyone who blames all Muslims is wrong and my knowledge on overseas bombing is not enough to comment.

Just to be clear here mate, you're asking that freedom of expression should be further limited and that we should jail people who haven't actually committed a crime.

That's a line that I and many others do not feel is crossable. Like the comparison or not, this sort of thing was exactly how Stalin, Mussolini and Hitler rose to power in the first place.

Our values are worthless if they're negotiable. It's our strength of belief in the Western democratic values, even when we don't like the outcome of them, that makes them so worthy of our protection against people like Islamic State.

People should never trade freedom for a feeling of security. It's the biggest mistakes that societies make and it never, ever, ever ends well. We are not so cowardly a nation that we need to sacrifice our hard fought rights in order to stop this enemy.

It is most certainly the liberal left that has brought this situation to where we are now, a bit ironic that the leader of the lib dems has just been hounded to resign because he might disapprove of gay sex due to his christian beliefs, while the same questions asked to most of the Muslim politicians in this country would be met with "Kill them", but of course thats ok because we have to respect their culture and for some reason are not allowed to hold them to our standards ?.

We would not sit still for a school teacher filling kids heads with hate, but a simple look through the imams hosted by British mosques and faith schools will read like the A-Team of hate spewing barmpots, what the f*ck do you think they are teaching, nursery rhymes ?.

The liberal/left has for years shied away from applying equal standards of behavior to minorities, note I said equal, yet that has been bastardized as "Racism" and "Islamaphobia", female genital mutilation, raping kids, beating women and hating gays are all crimes that have been ignored or even worse sanctioned on the grounds of cultural sensitivity.

If you do not want to live in a country with western values then why are you here ?
It's disgraceful that Tim Farron, although to my eyes an ineffectual no mark, has been forced out in this manner.
He has said time and again, he appreciates the views of others regarding homosexuality, and is willing to abide
by majority opinion, but does not hold those views himself because of his Christian beliefs. This is not enough for
the thought police of the 'Liberal' left however, anyone not totally and vociferously voicing their support must be
castigated and made to resign.
As you say, most people know how muslims feel about the topic, yet the same vitriol is never launched against them,
minorities must be allowed to act and feel as they wish, after all it's dere culcher innit?

Get bored of the 'its the liberal left' fault - normally said by a angry bloke blowing alot of hot air and whos only solution is to 'kick em all out' and 'kill em all' ..you argue against there logic and try and reason with them you get shouted down for being a 'snowflake'

Just to be clear here mate, you're asking that freedom of expression should be further limited and that we should jail people who haven't actually committed a crime.
Although I agree with the rest of what you say, there is scope to act as ww suggests.
We could immediately incarcerate the hundreds who have travelled to Syria to join IS, and now that that
despicable group are getting hammered, have now decided to scuttle back to nicely tolerant Blighty.
By doing so, they've committed a crime, indeed been involved either directly or by association, with heinous
atrocities, so are not blameless. We are now in the ridiculous, and terrifying situation of having numerous murderous
nutters who wish death upon us literally walking our streets, and a home security service having to monitor their
every movement, a totally impossible task, unless we have a massive security force akin to the Gestapo.

It's disgraceful that Tim Farron, although to my eyes an ineffectual no mark, has been forced out in this manner.
He has said time and again, he appreciates the views of others regarding homosexuality, and is willing to abide
by majority opinion, but does not hold those views himself because of his Christian beliefs. This is not enough for
the thought police of the 'Liberal' left however, anyone not totally and vociferously voicing their support must be
castigated and made to resign.
As you say, most people know how muslims feel about the topic, yet the same vitriol is never launched against them,
minorities must be allowed to act and feel as they wish, after all it's dere culcher innit?

His branch, the mentalists, are a horrible shower of bigots. He chucked it because with the DUP coming onboard the Tory Trainwreck, it will focus more on him and he would be constantly asked how he could oppose them in gov when he believes the same discriminatory shite.

That's the reason he quit.

His views as those of the DUP are vile. He should never have reached such prominence believing the crap he does about people society accepts are equal but his big made up book of fables say will burn forever.

Good riddance to all religious extremists. He left though because he knew what was coming his biblical way.

His branch, the mentalists, are a horrible shower of bigots. He chucked it because with the DUP coming onboard the Tory Trainwreck, it will focus more on him and he would be constantly asked how he could oppose them in gov when he believes the same discriminatory shite.

That's the reason he quit.

His views as those of the DUP are vile. He should never have reached such prominence believing the crap he does about people society accepts are equal but his big made up book of fables say will burn forever.

Good riddance to all religious extremists. He left though because he knew what was coming his biblical way.
His beliefs, to you, may be the ones held by a horrible shower of bigots, to him they're not, and he has a perfect
right to hold them. Ask any muslim politician if they are in favour of gay marriage and homosexuality, I think you
may get responses similar to Farron's, but no one is asking them to resign, or do you think that their views are acceptable?
Now, you may say, I don't know, nobody has asked, and in this context that would be true, what I'm saying is ask them,
then apply the same principles.
As for good riddance to to religious extremists, couldn't agree more.

Get bored of the 'its the liberal left' fault - normally said by a angry bloke blowing alot of hot air and whos only solution is to 'kick em all out' and 'kill em all' ..you argue against there logic and try and reason with them you get shouted down for being a 'snowflake'

So go ahead and try and put a reasonable explanation as to why EQUAL treatment has been in short supply ?, it most certainly has not been suggested to "Kick them all out" or kill anyone, where are the liberal/left whenever there is a perceived slight against gay or womens rights ?, all over the f*cking media as the leftie council promises to take action and the police investigate a "Hate crime", but throw minorities into the equation and you can hear a pin drop.

His beliefs, to you, may be the ones held by a horrible shower of bigots, to him they're not, and he has a perfect
right to hold them. Ask any muslim politician if they are in favour of gay marriage and homosexuality, I think you
may get responses similar to Farron's, but no one is asking them to resign, or do you think that their views are acceptable?
Now, you may say, I don't know, nobody has asked, and in this context that would be true, what I'm saying is ask them,

No, I want them all out. If your bampot religion puts you at odds with the values any modern society should have then go.

You must take an oath to uphold those values and legal enactments and if your mind God tells you different you can't join.

Not sure what you're saying here is true. I think it depends on to what extent they hold certain religious beliefs. Tim Farron subscribes to a branch of Christianity that believes every single word of the bible is true. It's understandable it would raise questions. There are plenty of people who identify as Christians who wouldn't describe homosexuality as sinful though or would have a problem with it. There are lots of passages of the bible that different Christians ignore e.g the bits that say you can kill people. You talk about "any muslim politician" but Sadiq Khan comes from a muslim background and it's pretty clear he has no issue at all with homosexuality. He hasn't just voted in favour of gay marriage, he has put himself at the forefront of the issue which he really didn't need to do if he privately had a problem with it.

Just wonder if all terrorist acts are based on religious beliefs.

Has religion been hijacked by say ISIS and surely there are instances of non religious acts of terrorism.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.