How do we put the fans back in football?

Everyone bleats about the price of tickets. I wonder what the 2/6 Of the 60's is in respect to today's money? I used to go without a lot of things to go to the game. Today most people will not go without to go to a game. They complain about the price of food and drink in the stadium so go without or get something outside or bring a butty. If you are coming straight from work there are plenty of places to get food.

Cheaper entry will not change the atmosphere in the stadium. The only people who can change that is you the supporter. It it's you who get to the stadium late after drinking in the bars and boozers and disappear under the stands 10 minutes before half time, appear late for the start and restart. Plenty of people in the stadium for every single game, it didn't stop us singing in the 60's when we were getting less than 20,000 a game. Got sod all to do with price. Is the atmosphere different when we sell League Cup tickets for a tenner? No didn't think so.

Cancelling SC if you can't get to every game? Thanks for that, I live 120 miles away on probably the worst journey possible, some of my mates in Kings Lynn and Norwich have it even worse.

It is the supporter in the stadium that make the atmosphere. Cheaper seats will not change that only the people in.

with cheaper tickets you get more of the type of people who want to sing ( younger/working class people ). we would have to have a proper home end, but cheaper tickets would absolutely change the atmosphere and improve it in the long term. as it would allow younger people 18-25 to attend. there are barely any in the ground compared to the 60s or even the 90s. a few thousand younger people all in a singing section would make a huge difference. the bundesliga has shown that. the league cup games are a tenner, but i dont think you can just say 'well it wasnt amazing in the league cup against wolves so it wont ever make a difference'. it would have to be a long term change, not just the odd cup game.

in the 60s it barely cost anything and pretty much everyone could go and you had standing. that doesnt happen now. i dont even think you can compare it to now tbh. you say its nothing to do with price, but from what I've read a lot of people moved into ss3 from the singing section because of price. so we've lost of lot of regular singers to price...

we have a ground basically full of middle aged men ( 50 upwards). we need more younger people as they are the ones, just like in every other decade who create the atmosphere. cheaper tickets is the answer to that. also it would mean everyone being able to afford to go again. rather then what we have now where there are more and more people being priced out and in the pub.

Stop the f'ing cheating that riddles the sport from pitch to media to administration and you might win their hearts and minds back enough for them to be happy paying the prices and not trying to shaft the system back.

Reduce ticket prices is the obvious one but they won't while grounds are generally sold out.
End price categories for games - I go to watch City and if I didn't have a season ticket I'd be pissed off paying more to see games against the rags or the dippers compared to games against Stoke and Palace.
Stop pretending you can support a team via the medium of television. See many comments in the rags thread for confirmation.
And if we are going to have mass televising of games (which I think we are) then ensure fixture changes are announced well in advance and stop scheduling nightmare fixtures in the hope of getting a few more subscribers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.