How Good Was The 2002 World Cup In Hindsight?

Agree with you there. Japan was a fantastic experience, but the tournament itself felt a bit strange, not least because the games in Korea weren't televised live on the mainstream Japanese channels. Instead, you had to find a sports bar with satellite TV.
Germany was a far more enjoyable tournament, and probably the catalyst for our positive change in attitude towards the Germans.
I saw six games, including Argentina v Ivory Coast, Italy v Ghana, and Brazil v Croatia. Absolutely brilliant!
Are you doing france next year?

k
Yes.
I did Japan, Portugal and Germany, but everything changed once City started featuring regularly in Europe. Similarly, I've done 16 of the 20 Bundesliga grounds, but fancy doing a few French ones.
Get yourself down to the Rhone for your first French games then! Lyon and especially St. Etienne. St Etienne have a superb atmosphere and Lyon are moving into a brand new stadium some time next season.

Yes.
I did Japan, Portugal and Germany, but everything changed once City started featuring regularly in Europe. Similarly, I've done 16 of the 20 Bundesliga grounds, but fancy doing a few French ones.
Me and a few lads are going. Will go on the ferry and spend a week down there camping and watching the games on the big screen. What's the best way of getting tickets to an england match?

Me and a few lads are going. Will go on the ferry and spend a week down there camping and watching the games on the big screen. What's the best way of getting tickets to an england match?

Normally, you would need to join the England Supporters Club, but they have a loyalty points system, not dissimilar to our own, and it's probably going to be oversubscribed.
My advice would be to register on the UEFA Ticket Site now, and build your holiday around specific venues. before the draw has been made.
For example, we're probably going to do St Etienne and Bordeaux, so we'll register for all the games at those stadiums. The odds of getting tickets are better, and you could still fluke an England game

Normally, you would need to join the England Supporters Club, but they have a loyalty points system, not dissimilar to our own, and it's probably going to be oversubscribed.
My advice would be to register on the UEFA Ticket Site now, and build your holiday around specific venues. before the draw has been made.
For example, we're probably going to do St Etienne and Bordeaux, so we'll register for all the games at those stadiums. The odds of getting tickets are better, and you could still fluke an England game
Yeah I had registered the other day but haven't chosen what games I'm going to go for yet. Helpful advice. Cheers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.