How many goals will we concede this year?

Shit loads.

We "can be got at". We "are suspect at the back". We "are great going forwards but not going the other way". Our "tippy tappy football will only get us so far." We "always give the opposition a chance." We "have a soft underbelly and can be put under pressure."

So yeah, shit loads. Surely?
Top of the class. My word your attention to detail when listening to football talk is second to none.

Because of the way we defend from the front we are conceding very few chances, add that to the improvements at the back we could be going for a record of fewest goals conceded in a season.
What is the record?
When Arsenal won the league under George Graham, I'm sure they only conceded 18. Maybe not a record but fucking good.

Last season we were actually the highest ranked team in the Big 5 European leagues in terms of restricting opponents to the fewest attempts at goal. Since the 4-0 defeat at Everton back in January restricting attempts has slowly converted to restricting goals. In the 24 games league games since and with just 1 defeat we have let in 15 goals. That is 0.625 goals per game or about 24 goals per season.

The nearer we look back the better it gets. Since the last league defeat against Chelsea we have W12 D3 L0 and let in 7 goals in those 15 games. That is 0.466 per game or about 18 goals per season.

This season it is obviously better still and if we end up with <24 it is superb.

Peps defensive record has always been spot on. I think the keeper situation last year fucked our defence up. We was dodgy at the back last year, but we still didn’t concede an awful lot.

Really, you think we had great defenders in front of Bravo. Yes, he was poor, but he was left exposed far too often due to bad defending

Less than Mancini's side (29) would be my bet.

It's hard to guess just because there's such a small sample size, I feel we could completely shut out the small sides and concede about 20 all season, but we could also leak a few as fixtures get congested and Pep throws people like Mangala or Tosin on to ease the pressure on Stones and Nico when games are already won.

I think we'll be top 2 in the league overall though.

On a slightly related note, the record goal difference is 71, and I think we will beat that too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.