How many goals will we concede this year?

Across all competitions - how many will we concede?

Beats me.

This year we're able to play Pep's system, keeping the ball as our main form of defense and winning it back quickly if we lose it.

Last year, our aging squad simply lacked the stamina to implement Pep's system for the full 90.

Moreover, our keeper last year suffered an unexpected huge drop in form. This year (so far) we're blessed with an amazing keeper, commanding his box, inspiring confidence in the back line and coming up with big stops when called upon with very, very few mistakes.
================
So... I don't think we'll concede a lot of goals; but that said, we've been lucky - several opponents have missed sitters against us.

I think we will concede between 15 and 20 goals this season, and this includes conceding 6 at home and 6 away to the rags as they pass us our asses on a plate :)

As a point of interest, given Pep was determined to play that way last year when the full backs and keeper weren't up to it, you could argue that it cost City a trophy or two. Had it been more pragmatic with the personnel at his disposal City might have been a stronger force. Discuss...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.