How many of our rivals players would get into our first 11?

Honestly wouldn't take any of the rags, maybe it's the Mourinho effect but can't see any of them thriving in Pep's system. DDG is obviously a possibility but I'm not convinced he's as good with his feet and that's what matter. None of their regular defenders look especially comfortable playing the ball out although I think Blind could actually do well in Pep's system.

Of the others, Hazard, Sanchez, Azpilicueta, Eriksen and Kane would all be in contention

I'd take Silva over Pogba for our team for sure.. hence I said maybe. Jesus ! haha. I was trying to be nice.

Only players who IMO would improve us right now are Sanchez, Hazard and a left back to replace Delph at the moment.

I honestly wouldn’t swap any left back in the league for Delph. I love his aggression in one on ones

What's the best eleven you could pick that didn't have a city player in it? Map that to ours see what falls out

1. De Gea
2. Azpilacueta
3. Alonso
4. Alderwiereld
5. Koscielny
6. Kante
7. Salah
8. Pogba
9. Kane
10. Coutinho
11. Mane

I've tried to pick a balanced team that resembles what Pep picks for us. Realistically, each of them would fit in our system as they are all top quality players in good form.

Would our best team beat that team? It would be some spectacle, that's for sure.

I'd have kante all day long for us. The guy is dynamite.
Sentiment would mean it's hurt to leave out Fernandinho as I love him but I think kante has more about him defensively

Last edited:
Very difficult with how we set up.

Ederson

Walker Stones Kompany Mendy

Kante

Sanchez KDB Silva Hazard

Aguero

Based my team on everyone being fit. Wouldn't have De Gea over Ederson 2 different types ov keeper Ederson fits our style.
Assuming, as you’ve said, that all are fully fit then I’d have to agree with your team.

In terms of ability, you would think that the likes of De Gea, Azpilicueta, Hazard, Sanchez, Pogba, Salah, Alli, Coutinho, Eriksen, Morata, Kane etc would at least be in contention for a place in our starting eleven.

Ederson
Walker, Otamendi, Azpilicueta, Delph (he's the best left back in the prem on current form)
Fernandinho, Alli
Silva, De Bruyne, Hazard
Aguero

In terms of ability, you would think that the likes of De Gea, Azpilicueta, Hazard, Sanchez, Pogba, Salah, Alli, Coutinho, Eriksen, Morata, Kane etc would at least be in contention for a place in our starting eleven.

Ederson
Walker, Otamendi, Azpilicueta, Delph (he's the best left back in the prem on current form)
Fernandinho, Alli
Silva, De Bruyne, Hazard
Aguero

Why would Dele Alli play DM?

I think the way our team plays accentuates the best of our players and hides some of there weaknesses. Thus as part of a team our players look significantly better than their counterspats in other teams. But if I were going by raw talent and performance this season, the following are as about as talented or as productive as our players:
De Gea
Azpilicueta
Young
Luiz
Alderwield
Christiansen
Kante
Hazard
Pogba
Erickson
Son
Alli
Sanchez
Mane
Salah
Kane

The above 15 will place for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.