How many points to win the league?

I still like to look at it like this, because its the only thing we know for absolute certainty and that is the maximum number of points our rivals can currently achieve

Utd - 95
Pool - 92
Cheslea - 92
Spurs - 89
Arse - 84

No need to flap, if we lose the next games then its game on but cant see us not winning against Newcastle and a Pardrew West Brom. United have got to play Spurs away right at the end of the month who are also flying.

I still like to look at it like this, because its the only thing we know for absolute certainty and that is the maximum number of points our rivals can currently achieve

Utd - 95
Pool - 92
Cheslea - 92
Spurs - 89
Arse - 84
That's not possible, because of the games between those clubs, and they can't all win all of them, ie united can't beat Spurs, and Spurs beat united at the same time, so at least 1 of them drops 3 points, or they both drop 2 points, for each match up.

Here is a list of our remaining games against Utds.
I cannot see this happening but lets call this set of predicted results the worst case scenario.
This will still put us miles in front.

(I do not think this will be the actual results, this is just us playing awful and them amazing)

MANCHESTER CITY FIXTURES
Newcastle H - WIN
West Bromwich Albion H - WIN
Burnley A - DRAW
Leicester H - WIN
Arsenal A - DRAW
Chelsea H - DRAW
Stoke A - WIN
Brighton H - WIN
Everton A - DRAW
Manchester United H - DRAW
Tottenham A - LOSE
Swansea H - WIN
West Ham A - WIN
Huddersfield H - WIN
Southampton A - WIN
94 POINTS TOTAL

RAG FIXTURES
Burnley A - WIN
Tottenham A - DRAW
Huddersfield H - WIN
Newcastle United - WIN
Chelsea H - DRAW
Crystal Palace A - WIN
Liverpool H - DRAW
West Ham A - WIN
Swansea H - WIN
Manchester City A - DRAW
Bournemouth A - WIN
Arsenal H - WIN
Brighton A - WIN
Watford H - WIN
87 POINTS TOTAL

7 points gap still even if we play average and they play great

I cannot see this happening but lets call this set of predicted results the worst case scenario.

(I do not think this will be the actual results, this is just us playing awful and them amazing)

MANCHESTER CITY FIXTURES
Newcastle H - WIN
Burnley A - DRAW
Leicester H - WIN
Arsenal A - DRAW
Chelsea H - DRAW
Stoke A - WIN
Brighton H - WIN
Everton A - DRAW
Tottenham A - LOSE
Swansea H - WIN
West Ham A - WIN
Huddersfield H - WIN
Southampton A - WIN
94 POINTS TOTAL

RAG FIXTURES
Burnley A - WIN
Tottenham A - DRAW
Huddersfield H - WIN
Newcastle United - WIN
Chelsea H - DRAW
Crystal Palace A - WIN
Liverpool H - DRAW
West Ham A - WIN
Swansea H - WIN
Manchester City A - DRAW
Bournemouth A - WIN
Arsenal H - WIN
Brighton A - WIN
Watford H - WIN
87 POINTS TOTAL

this post has calmed me nerves

Utd - 95
Pool - 92
Cheslea - 92
Spurs - 89
Arse - 84

Same calculation I've been doing this morning.

That's not possible, because of the games between those clubs, and they can't all win all of them, ie united can't beat Spurs, and Spurs beat united at the same time, so at least 1 of them drops 3 points, or they both drop 2 points, for each match up.

It's not possible as an overall scenario but it is possible from the point of any one of the chasing teams. United Liverpool or Chelsea could win all their games.

I know it is highly unlikely (virtually impossible) but it's still a valid 'worst case analysis'.

I know that. Its the most each individual club can achieve as of now. And of course its unlikely that one team will win all remaining games but its possible and so it is the only thing we know, is that 96 pints guarantees the title as of today - it will change

No need to flap, if we lose the next games then its game on but cant see us not winning against Newcastle and a Pardrew West Brom. United have got to play Spurs away right at the end of the month who are also flying.
Flaps is a good description for some of the posters on this thread based on their musings.

MANCHESTER CITY FIXTURES
Newcastle H - WIN
Burnley A - DRAW
Leicester H - WIN
Arsenal A - DRAW
Chelsea H - DRAW
Stoke A - WIN
Brighton H - WIN
Everton A - DRAW
Tottenham A - LOSE
Swansea H - WIN
West Ham A - WIN
Huddersfield H - WIN
Southampton A - WIN
94 POINTS TOTAL

RAG FIXTURES
Burnley A - WIN
Tottenham A - DRAW
Huddersfield H - WIN
Newcastle United - WIN
Chelsea H - DRAW
Crystal Palace A - WIN
Liverpool H - DRAW
West Ham A - WIN
Swansea H - WIN
Manchester City A - DRAW
Bournemouth A - WIN
Arsenal H - WIN
Brighton A - WIN
Watford H - WIN
87 POINTS TOTAL

This I like! Might even print it out and track the actuals against predictids

Glad the gap isnt level at this stage or we were chasing as some of you would be in hospital.

Played 23 and lost once against a really strong opponent on their day. 15 to go and we can reach 107 points.

Not one of the 20 teams will win all 15 remaining games and I dont see us losing anymore than the teams closest to us for them to be even close come May.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.