How many times have you watched city live?

Been going since May 1982 but that was when I was 8 and only went sporadically until 1989 when I started going home & away as a ST holder, had periods when I dropped the ST and went when I could..so what I'm trying to say is..

God knows

Sometimes I wish I was a programme buyer..would be nice to chart my game history

About 250 travelling from Oxford! If I lived closer is be there every week

its impossible to say. i wonder if any fan has kept a diary. would be an interesting read. i have no idea because as a kid i might have done 10 home and say 3/4 away in the league, cup games and a couple of wembleys. you then start work and you run riot watching city untill that is you wed and its back to a dozen maybe up to 20 a season. course you then start taking the kids barring school nights and you are back going everywhere till the present day. one day i'll be really old and my kids will wheel me over to the stadium now and again to the odd game, time for them to take over the addiction :)

tilll then though i'm fucking havin it.

Started going September 1965 with Les Owen and John Dinsdale from Stretford Grammar School.

Went to every/most home and away game (will never forget Carlisle away on a freezing February day, The King's debut at Derby and of course Rotherham away) until the early 80's when the kids started arriving.

Have missed very few home games since then. Even came to watch the games when I was living in Prague.

Much easier now from Macc.

Over 500 this century. Gets tedious after a while so been picking and choosing aways more recently.

Started going as a six year old in the 1988-89 promotion season.

Up until I was about 16 I used to go with my Father to most home games plus about five away games each season. So considering there were 24 teams for some of those years in each league, then 20 from 1996, that'd be about 170 in the first ten years.

Then when I was 16 my Father told me I had to start paying for my own tickets so from 16-21 (years I was a student) I probably went to about half our home games and one or two away games. So that'd be about 50 games.

Then when I left university I could afford to get a SC and could afford a few aways. I was a bit behind on Loyalty Points at first but by 2005 up until about 2009 I went to every single home and away that I could (barring a few away night matches that I'd never get to in time after work). So that's be about 170 games considering we'd be out of the cups fairly early then.

And each year since then I've been to every home game bar two (on holiday for one and in hospital for another), but my aways have dropped considerably. Year on year it's fallen. I now go to every home game and about 5 aways, like when I was a kid. (I would like to go to every single game and would if I could afford it!). So that's probably about 140 games.

All in all I reckon I've been to about 530 games.

For those who've been going for twice that time, you must be talking well over 1000. For some people they don't miss a fucking minute, and haven't for decades (even pre-season training games!) they must be talking 1750 games!

There was a Burnley fan on Fletch & Sav last week who had missed just one Burnley game since 1974!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.