How many times have you watched city live?

First Game 1968/69 season season ticket since 75/76 reckon I've averaged at least 25 games a season perhaps more looking at number of programmes in the loft so I make that over 1100 games. could have had a Ferrari on the drive, think I've enjoy the football more though.

first match in 1985, then some before getting my season ticket, and every home match league and cup since then and some aways, so that's what errrr about 25 x 22 + say about another 30 for luck then it's 580 times on those maths ;)

but who knows! I added it up once about 10 years ago, and now can't remember and wouldn't have a clue really - the older i get it all blurs into one ;)

First game 61/62 season so many matches it's impossible to say,the old day's were the best going away with your mates and standing up,also pay on the gate.That Everton cup game away when Power equalised amazing atmosphere that day,all packed in like sardines.

No idea. First game was vs Everton in the FA Cup in 81, had a kippax season ticket for years, then gave it up when I started working at Maine Road.
Since moving abroad for good in 2003, I haven't seen them as much as I'd like to, but try to take in any CL games that aren't too far away (and if I can get time off work!).

First game was 1st April 1972. Had a season ticket since 1976.

So that's quite a few, but still go with my dad who has had his own season ticket since the early fifties. I guess i'm stlll a bit of a lighweight

First game in 1968.

Taken by my Uncle and my Grandad ( my dad must be the only Geordie who doesn't like Football). four or five times a season until I was old enough to go with my mates and then about the same again as a teenager.

Then marriage and mortgages and divorce and I played for a team on a Saturday. From 1983 to 1996 I think I went to Maine Road about three times, I never actually saw Paul Lake in the flesh, live. One of these, was the one where Trevor Francis twatted Kevin Ratcliffe in a 1-1 with the sockrobbers.

In typical City fashion; my two biggest attending seasons were the year we got relegated from the championship and the one in Division Shit; with around two thirds of the home games.

Under KK; I was one of the "losers" getting soaked in the Gene Kelly ! - work commitments have never made a season ticket viable and I am actually quite content with sitting in my comfy chair watching us on "Sly" or "BT"; but I will make the effort and pay the ever increasing exhorbitent price to get to around five or six a season.

In my credit column; I was stood next to Prestwich and GDM at Boothberry park.

This was my first one, I couldn't even estimate, but little did I know what a great side I was about to witness and unfold over the next decade! Manchester City vs Bolton Wanderers

Division Two (Old)
Sat 16 April 1966.

Score: W 4-1

Attendance: 29459

HW Dowd
R Kennedy
RC Sear
G Pardoe
GW Heslop
AA Oakes
M Summerbee
JA Crossan
M Doyle
C Bell
DR Connor
DR Connor
JA Crossan
R Kennedy
RC Sear

mancunial said:
This was my first one, I couldn't even estimate, but little did I know what a great side I was about to witness and unfold over the next decade! Manchester City vs Bolton Wanderers

Division Two (Old)
Sat 16 April 1966.

Score: W 4-1

Attendance: 29459

HW Dowd
R Kennedy
RC Sear
G Pardoe
GW Heslop
AA Oakes
M Summerbee
JA Crossan
M Doyle
C Bell
DR Connor
DR Connor
JA Crossan
R Kennedy
RC Sear

No wonder we won promotion.

worsleyweb said:
de niro said:
wouldn't have a clue.

More than a thousand??

I wouldn't have a clue either before 1974 (when we moved to NZ) because it was 42 games in the 50s & 60s. And then there were cup games as well. Since then only a few times when we came back to the UK on holiday so now its just TV coverage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.