How much is your food bill a week?

Benarbia said:
There's 2 of us and we probably spend around £90 per week. Although we became members of Costco last night and with the savings on things like dishwasher and washing machine tablets etc I envisage my bills dropping by around £40 a month

Check the prices at Costco, some of the stuff they sell in bulk, is actually cheaper at the supermarkets. It's good for toilet roll, razor blades and some other stuff, but we've found spirits are generally more expensive.

stony said:
Benarbia said:
There's 2 of us and we probably spend around £90 per week. Although we became members of Costco last night and with the savings on things like dishwasher and washing machine tablets etc I envisage my bills dropping by around £40 a month

Check the prices at Costco, some of the stuff they sell in bulk, is actually cheaper at the supermarkets. It's good for toilet roll, razor blades and some other stuff, but we've found spirits are generally more expensive.
What? You can afford spirits? "High Roller alert!"

jimharri said:
stony said:
Benarbia said:

What? You can afford spirits? "High Roller alert!"

We're not all peasants on this forum. ;)

*can someone pass me a swan sandwich*

sdm said:
Gelsons Dad said:
One of me most of the time. about £200 without booze. Or if I'm away working its £50 a day per diem.
How much is a pint of milk or a loaf out there?It must be touching a fiver if your spending 2 ton a week without booze.

It's meat thats the killer. They have a protected market here as it's not in the EU. No imported meat so the locally produced stuff is very expensive. I bought a small steak this afternoon from the coop. £14. for 200g of rib eye. Milk is about a quid. bread I'm mot sure but a basket of general food cost me £80 this afternoon. Thats a basket not a trolley full. I go to germany for a big shop every now and then but I'm only allowed to bring limited amounts of meat and dairy products across the border and they check!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.