How should we approach our remaining games

chestervegasblue said:
Pass the ball to Spanish Dave. Rinse and repeat for 90 minutes.
Haha as my t shirt says 'keep calm and pass it to Silva'.

I think thats all Pellers needs to say pre-game ;-)

Same formation as the last few games with one forward whoever that may be, attack from the first whistle and play the game in the opposition half pushing right on them, that is when we are at our best. If we do that we have a great chance of winning all our remaining matches and will be crowned champions because I reckon Liverpool will slip up at some point.

I'm not sure if my OP has come across properly

I mean the next 6 games as whole, how do we approach them, during our best spell this season we had a fully fit Negredo and Aguero up front and nothing was stopping us, in the last couple of months we have had to look to Dzeko as a lone striker with Silva playing just off him

So with everyone now fully fit how do we approach the last 6 games? Do we revert to Negredo and Aguero and look to rip teams apart with pace and movement, or do we carry on as we are with Silva in fantastic form playing off a striker, but if we were to go with that the who would the striker be?

I'd love to see us revert back to Negredo and Aguero and just go for the jugular in every game

I would go 4-1-2-1-2, not the traditional one with wingers though.

----Aguero----Negredo---
---------Silva------
-Fernandinho--Nasri--
---------Garcia----
Kolar--Komp--Demi--Zaba
----------Hart----------

Garcia shielding the back four, allows Nasri an almost free role but from deep and Fernandinho to do his usual box to box.

Silva in the #10 has been magnificent, keep him there!

Aguero and Negredo explain themselves, could argue Negredo out for Jovetic but we will see.

CTID101 said:
I would go 4-1-2-1-2, not the traditional one with wingers though.

----Aguero----Negredo---
---------Silva------
-Fernandinho--Nasri--
---------Garcia----
Kolar--Komp--Demi--Zaba
----------Hart----------

Garcia shielding the back four, allows Nasri an almost free role but from deep and Fernandinho to do his usual box to box.

Silva in the #10 has been magnificent, keep him there!

Aguero and Negredo explain themselves, could argue Negredo out for Jovetic but we will see.

Good formation !!! I would bring on Pantilimon and Dzeko instead of Hart and Aguero. Unfair to be injured then to suddenly start, we put to much pressure on Aguero and at the same time mock the other attackers. It's not fair by the media to talk about our pecking orders in the team, but I think they get their inspiration from us the fans.

chris85mcfc said:
I'm not sure if my OP has come across properly

I mean the next 6 games as whole, how do we approach them, during our best spell this season we had a fully fit Negredo and Aguero up front and nothing was stopping us, in the last couple of months we have had to look to Dzeko as a lone striker with Silva playing just off him

So with everyone now fully fit how do we approach the last 6 games? Do we revert to Negredo and Aguero and look to rip teams apart with pace and movement, or do we carry on as we are with Silva in fantastic form playing off a striker, but if we were to go with that the who would the striker be?

I'd love to see us revert back to Negredo and Aguero and just go for the jugular in every game
Agree totally with your last sentence.
I have criticized Pellegrini for not being pragmatic enough in big games but I think he should do what comes naturally now and attack and play with no fear (spirit of 2012). One slight proviso - assuming Spanish Dave plays only select one from Nasri or Navas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.