How to watch recently released films at home?

Dumb question but does streaming means watching the program there and then which makes it ok (legal) but downloading means saving to hard drive which means you now own a copy of it but haven't paid for it which then makes it illegal?

In most cases, it's not legal, streamed or otherwise. Of course, if you're using a legit site like BBC, or Sky and you're watching streamed content, that's fine, but if you're getting movies or music for free, it's usually too good to be true.

Can you be done for it? - yes, absolutely you can, although the copyright owners are usually after the uploaders / distributors, they sometimes opt to scare the downloaders and prosecute someone. Your ISP can easily detect torrenting, and the copyright owners are happy to buy data from companies that log your activity. It's pretty easy for a company to act as a peer on a torrent network and log your IP, they'll have the time and date, your IP, and what you attempted to download (which torrent).

You can use a VPN which might give you SOME protection (but often it's not as much as you think), but at the end of the day, you always run a risk.

Don't be fooled by people saying 'I've got an Android box with a great app on it, lets you view the latest movies legally'. Usually, the box is legal, but your use of it isn't.

Dumb question but does streaming means watching the program there and then which makes it ok (legal) but downloading means saving to hard drive which means you now own a copy of it but haven't paid for it which then makes it illegal?
Both are illegal, streaming it still downloads it to your hard drive, it just allows you to watch it at the same time, it also removes from you hard drive it when its done.

'A few quid'? Christ, you haven't been to the pictures over here in a while!

:-)

Levity! Seems like he's working really hard to get his illegal download, I thought I'd give him an alternative....and a chance at a leg over!

:-)

Levity! Seems like he's working really hard to get his illegal download, I thought I'd give him an alternative....and a chance at a leg over!
Fair one. I went recently to watch something on iMax, and it was fucking extortionate. Wife didn't even put out afterwards either........

Hell of alot getting shutdown, Movie2k was decent back in the day, think you can still use them with proxies, they have just shut down MovieTube and Showbox, they shut down one and another pops up.

In most cases, it's not legal, streamed or otherwise. Of course, if you're using a legit site like BBC, or Sky and you're watching streamed content, that's fine, but if you're getting movies or music for free, it's usually too good to be true.

Can you be done for it? - yes, absolutely you can, although the copyright owners are usually after the uploaders / distributors, they sometimes opt to scare the downloaders and prosecute someone. Your ISP can easily detect torrenting, and the copyright owners are happy to buy data from companies that log your activity. It's pretty easy for a company to act as a peer on a torrent network and log your IP, they'll have the time and date, your IP, and what you attempted to download (which torrent).

You can use a VPN which might give you SOME protection (but often it's not as much as you think), but at the end of the day, you always run a risk.

Don't be fooled by people saying 'I've got an Android box with a great app on it, lets you view the latest movies legally'. Usually, the box is legal, but your use of it isn't.

So it's no real difference shady providing a link to watch city on line. Everyone that follows his link and watches would effectively be breaking the law and liable for prosecution. Unlikely that they would prosecute the 1000 people following his link but you might be the only unlucky one that they get.

Hell of alot getting shutdown, Movie2k was decent back in the day, think you can still use them with proxies, they have just shut down MovieTube and Showbox, they shut down one and another pops up.
Showbox was down for maintanance,back up and running now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.