HRH Prince Philip - Passed Away

He was a lad wasn`t he.
I loved the guy even though he put his foot in lots of time you just had to laugh as he just hadn`t got a clue about etiquette and probably a big believer that racisim doesn`t exist in his world. ;)
RIP Phil the Greek (even though he really wasn`t)
On Corfu we came across a tourism poster indicating the place where 'Phil the Greek' was born. 'Prince Philip' was added later in a different colour paint, presumably because most tourists of many different nationalities including many British would not have a clue who this Phil the Greek was.

He was a lad wasn`t he.
I loved the guy even though he put his foot in lots of time you just had to laugh as he just hadn`t got a clue about etiquette and probably a big believer that racisim doesn`t exist in his world. ;)
RIP Phil the Greek (even though he really wasn`t)
True.
Although he was born in Greece (Corfu) his ancestral lineage is German/Danish.
He was born to a German Danish father of the house of Schleswig-Holstein- Sonderburg - Glucksburg and a German mother ( Battenberg/ Mountbatten).

A great man who lived an incredible life.
They must be devastated, losing the head of the family.
Rest in peace.

Interesting reading up about his life.
I never realised he had four older sisters who all married German noblemen. One was an SS Colonel on Himmler's personal staff and the others were Princes who supported the Nazis in WWII.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.