Huddersfield (a) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some fans are becoming quite raggy in their arrogance.

We won the League from 8pts behind with a month to go, yet some people have already plugged in the engraver for the trophy presentation.

It is a loooooong season and we need to take care of business one game at a time, exploiting every possible weekend where our main competitors drop points. The 8pts is really 9 if you include GD, but right now it is only 5pts, which is a couple of bad games!

Let’s reel it in a bit there, fellas, and just enjoy watching the best football ever seen in the Premier League and hope it pays the dividends it should.

couldn't put it better myself

We won the League from 8pts behind with a month to go, yet some people have already plugged in the engraver for the trophy presentation.

It is a loooooong season and we need to take care of business one game at a time, exploiting every possible weekend where our main competitors drop points. The 8pts is really 9 if you include GD, but right now it is only 5pts, which is a couple of bad games!

Let’s reel it in a bit there, fellas, and just enjoy watching the best football ever seen in the Premier League and hope it pays the dividends it should.

Exactly, a loss to United and Spurs and suddenly there's 3 teams right up our arses. I wouldn't relax until we're at least 15 points ahead having played all of our competitors at least once, that day may never come.

There's no doubt that the team and fans will have to work hard today to take three points home. 100% effort and concentration required. Of course, Pep knows this.

We've still got a very long way to go this season.

I think the general mood of most fans I speak to and see on here is one of optimistic caution. We’re city fans after all, we’ve suffered far too many times to get too ahead of ourselves. On the other hand though, no harm just embracing how we’re playing and no need to be shy about it like many people seem.

I just have no concerns about complacency these days. Pep has the squad fired up for every game and his intensity really spills on to the pitch. It used to be a problem but now it isn’t. Today will be a tough game for sure, big atmosphere against a side that will look to remain organised and frustrate us.

That said, we really should have too much for this Huddersfield side. Teams always used to have a chance against us because you didn’t know which City side would turn up, now we do and it makes it much more difficult for them.

Has Tolmie posted his usual worrying prediction yet? Won't feel confident until he does.

Well said that man.
We don’t need to be getting mouthy and cocky , just enjoy the moment and stay humble ( ish) unless you’re engaging a gobby Rag , well then it’s open season.

You took some stick mate, not because it's a spelling mistake but because if you wish your son to aspire to be Vincent, because he's your favourite role model in many a year, it's probably the minimum requirement to spell his name correctly, even more so if he attempts to google him.
lol I didnt realise you had to be pedantic to support a player.....I'll remember that next time I'm cheering him....thanks for that

you obviously dont know why i was hit on by this poster....it's because he was given a lesson or two in a different forum.....nothing to do with a spelling mistake

pretty sad really

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.