Huddersfield (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk of kids is nonsense imo,our b team made up of internationals and experience couldn't get the result the first time so kids who never play with the team are not going to make the difference,strong team and don't assume we are going to rack up a cricket score and bring 3 more kids on

Totally agree. Silverware at stake here. Let's get the job done. If we are 3-0 up after 60 minutes then by all means, but unless and until it's in the bag, strongest team possible please.

Complete horse dung.

It's got a whiff of dung, but it's not entirely made of manure.

We should be able to rotate a squad of players such that we always play a "1st team", but the make up of it varies. Maybe KDB one game and Silva the next for example. Or both in the game after and Yaya on the bench. I much prefer that to the idea of an A team which is brilliant and a B team which can't beat Huddersfield.

Play your BEST XI for EVERY game, if someone gets injured or suffers a drop in form, replace them with squad players. We shouldn't have a cup team and a league team, we have one team which is highly competitive and if you're not good enough you're not in it!

So assuming they didn't get injured you'd be happy with the likes of Sterling, De Bruyne and Silva playing 60 games a season?

It's got a whiff of dung, but it's not entirely made of manure.

We should be able to rotate a squad of players such that we always play a "1st team", but the make up of it varies. Maybe KDB one game and Silva the next for example. Or both in the game after and Yaya on the bench. I much prefer that to the idea of an A team which is brilliant and a B team which can't beat Huddersfield.
Do be ashamed about it. Only one team has managed to beat us since November and that was due to an incompetent referee

I'm sure our reserves will give you a decent game again tonight

As many have said, strongest team to start the game and wrap it up by 60 mins.

Bring on Aleix Garcia, Adarabioyo and, hopefully, one of Brahim or Sancho for a taste of first team football (although I imagine Iheanacho would appreciate the minutes).

I really don't see why Aleix or Tosin can't start. If our first choice team with 1 of those dropped in can't beat Huddersfield we might as well pack it in.

They've been with the squad all season, they are quality young players. We're at home. They are missing their best player. Huddersfield have to focus on the biggest game of their season so far on Saturday vs. Newcastle, and will almost definitely rest their first team.

If this isn't a scenario where 1 can make the team then I don't know when any kid will ever come in.

I dislike these arguments. It's a similar principle to having a brand new Lamborghini in the garage and refusing to drive it in case it gets a scratch. It's also a full, circular, paradox... You want David Silva to play more because he's better than Delph (for example) > If you play David Silva he might get injured > To stop David Silva getting injured let's play Delph > City play worse than they would have if Silva would have played > Back to square 1.

Play your BEST XI for EVERY game, if someone gets injured or suffers a drop in form, replace them with squad players. We shouldn't have a cup team and a league team, we have one team which is highly competitive and if you're not good enough you're not in it!

We potentially have another 23 games to play in the next 9 weeks. And Silva will also probably play a couple of games for Spain. Would you start Silva in every game?

I really don't see why Aleix or Tosin can't start. If our first choice team with 1 of those dropped in can't beat Huddersfield we might as well pack it in.

They've been with the squad all season, they are quality young players. We're at home. They are missing their best player. Huddersfield have to focus on the biggest game of their season so far on Saturday vs. Newcastle, and will almost definitely rest their first team.

If this isn't a scenario where 1 can make the team then I don't know when any kid will ever come in.

I think Tosin has been frozen out tbh for not signing a new deal.

I think Tosin has been frozen out tbh for not signing a new deal.

Not playing because he won't sign a new deal and he won't sign a new deal because he's not playing?

The club should be convincing him to sign a new deal, not retaliating. Why would he sign a new deal when he's played :

30 minutes vs. Steau when we were 5-0 up on aggregate.

90 minutes in a literal dead rubber with Celtic where winning or lose meant nothing.

1 minute in the league cup.

I wouldn't be signing a new deal if I were him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.