Huddersfield v City post match

I'll respectfully have to disagree. I think it's almost impossible to have adult conversation about Silva, Aguero, Zaba, Kompany, Hart, etc on Bluemoon. Too many people see them as sacred shrines never to be criticised, only to be worshipped.

TBF Billy, Tolm criticised Aguero for having his head down etc - and he does that plenty of times in games - but he had his head up too, they showed one such moment on MotD for instance where he interchanged passes and ended up on the end of a good chance in first half and I distinctly remember him trying to play a through ball into the box, which he over hit and probably should have played wide but his head was up. Again, MotD showed a run and shot, which might be a head down moment but was a justified one imo.

Sergio is unquestionably open to the criticism of trying to do too much himself at times but, and maybe it passed me by yesterday, but I am not convinced yesterday was one of those days. My biggest criticism was that lob he did, right attempt but shite execution and pretty sure he ballsed up a cross but that was poor execution too I think rather than not having his head up.

Not having a dig here BTW; we can't all agree all the time and I do agree it can be difficult to have a conversation about sacred cows.

Respectfully, the "utter bollocks" was entirely about your point of view that the players aren't allowed to be criticised. Which, by your own admission, they are. You'll find plenty of examples of people analysing our games and players performances.

Criticism is vital. Aimless finger pointing and lazy cliches aren't.

Clearly they can't as you seem incapable of separating honest criticism of a players performance from "Aimless finger pointing and lazy cliches". It's cool though. You crack on. I don't post on here enough to care.

TBF Billy, Tolm criticised Aguero for having his head down etc - and he does that plenty of times in games - but he had his head up too, they showed one such moment on MotD for instance where he interchanged passes and ended up on the end of a good chance in first half and I distinctly remember him trying to play a through ball into the box, which he over hit and probably should have played wide but his head was up. Again, MotD showed a run and shot, which might be a head down moment but was a justified one imo.

Sergio is unquestionably open to the criticism of trying to do too much himself at times but, and maybe it passed me by yesterday, but I am not convinced yesterday was one of those days. My biggest criticism was that lob he did, right attempt but shite execution and pretty sure he ballsed up a cross but that was poor execution too I think rather than not having his head up.

Not having a dig here BTW; we can't all agree all the time and I do agree it can be difficult to have a conversation about sacred cows.

I just thought he was poor yesterday. It was a continuation of performances I've seen too often from Kun. I appreciate that he has had a tough time since Pep's come in, but at times the lack of quality and intelligence he shows drives me up the wall.

Completely agree it would have been the perfect opportunity for Garcia, Tosin if fit, as if they are good enough for us they should be able to make a positive impression against Huddersfield.

Diaz, Foden, Sancho it is probably a year or two too early. Personally I hope Pep slowly introduces them into the first team in Premiership games were dominating and then they get exposure in the cup matches
At a later daye. We dominate enough matches during the course of a season to give a youngster 20 minutes here and there to go out and enjoy themselves. Huddersfield in the cup along the second string is a baptism of fire particularly if we got beat and the accompanying criticism which would follow.

It is incredible how often our second string so put in poor performances. The fact they are not match sharp is an excuse to some degree but you think ever so often they would flicker brightly and you would notice a difference between them and the players they face.

You can get away with one or two changes, but when you leave out all of your creativity and pace in one go (KDB, Silva, Ya Ya, Sterling, Sane), it's a recipe for exactly the kind of turgid, one paced performance we got yesterday. Nolito, Navas, Delph, Fernando, none of them is really fit for purpose and as a collective whole they're physically and mentally slow to the point that we were never comfortable against a hustle and bustle Championship reserve team. We need significant upgrades on all 4 of them in the summer and although yesterday wasn't the best day to judge Sergio, given the lack of support, he's looking an increasingly uncomfortable fit in Pep's game plan. He badly, badly needs 2 or 3 goals in the next couple of games

I just thought he was poor yesterday. It was a continuation of performances I've seen too often from Kun. I appreciate that he has had a tough time since Pep's come in, but at times the lack of quality and intelligence he shows drives me up the wall.

We see football pretty much the same way and i agree re Kun. Look, he is a magnificent goalscorer whose record is there for all to see but his overall game i find often selfish and his passing and ability to bring team mates into the game often sadly lacking.

I wont have a go at him for doing little yesterday because no one did, it was one of those days and performances but and this will sound crazy and churlish, if he isnt contributing by putting the ball in the back of the net, something he has done brilliantly i will add with consistency, he does offer very little else to the team as a whole for me.

I have to agree with you, and I love the guy. After 4 games of watching Jesus, the last two performances from Kun have been nowhere good enough for a player of his calibre. He wasn't helped yesterday by a dismal support cast, but he's trying too hard with the ball (head down) and not hard enough without it. Unless something changes in the next 3 months I'm starting to think the end of an era is looming large. Badly needs a couple of goals

Aside from the game, I just want to acknowledge how mint their fans were.
I was with the home fans before, during and after the game with another blue and my terrier mate. We didn't hide our allegiance but were met universally with good humour and respectful banter. Great day out.

I am really looking forward to Jesus develop but as yet he still has it all to prove and as his injury has shown football can be an unpredictable beast.

All this talk of him leaving, showing no effort or desire now you would expect from the media but not blues after all he had done tor the club. A few weeks ago he was a top 3-5 player in the league now some people would not care if he left.

It wasn't Aguero's best game in a City shirt but I can't believe anyone would highlight yesterday as evidence of anything other than someone trying really hard to find form and help a very limited front 5 win the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.