Huddersfield v City post match

Alright chaps, the hangover is tarting to clear now so thought you might appreciate some word from the other side.

First off, I though that was a great FA Cup match. The quality and threat in your side was there for all to see, but we fought like terriers throughout - none more so than Dean Whitehead, my MOTM. If our plan was to limit your options around the final ball then we did that superbly, hence why there a lot of happy Town fans today.

We also didn't just defend, that's not our style. The offside goal was unfortunate, but it wasn't our only chance. Likewise Hudson's clearance off our line in the first half - yeah it was a 0-0 but there was a fair amount of action!

I'll admit that I was very tempted to put a bet on you absolutely crushing us when I saw the team selections - I had come on here a couple of days ago eulogising about our team and yet none of them were playing - however, I should have learned by now to just trust Herr Wagner. There were a lot of players int hat side yesterday that aren't first choice starters, but are going to be critical to us achieving success over the next couple of months. I can't describe how proud I am that they, to a man, stepped up. Craine (right back), Whitehead (CM) and Coleman (GK) especially.

How are you feeling about the replay? It's actually pretty ideal for us - bumps a league game to later in the season and gives us more time for Jonny Hogg to get fit again for the run-in.

Watching MOTD last night all of the Premier league sides were given (to varying degrees) a good game by lesser opposition.
Even the chavs could have been two down before they started to impose themselves in their game.
In relative terms made our below par performance look a lot better than it did at the time.

Alright chaps, the hangover is tarting to clear now so thought you might appreciate some word from the other side.

First off, I though that was a great FA Cup match. The quality and threat in your side was there for all to see, but we fought like terriers throughout - none more so than Dean Whitehead, my MOTM. If our plan was to limit your options around the final ball then we did that superbly, hence why there a lot of happy Town fans today.

We also didn't just defend, that's not our style. The offside goal was unfortunate, but it wasn't our only chance. Likewise Hudson's clearance off our line in the first half - yeah it was a 0-0 but there was a fair amount of action!

I'll admit that I was very tempted to put a bet on you absolutely crushing us when I saw the team selections - I had come on here a couple of days ago eulogising about our team and yet none of them were playing - however, I should have learned by now to just trust Herr Wagner. There were a lot of players int hat side yesterday that aren't first choice starters, but are going to be critical to us achieving success over the next couple of months. I can't describe how proud I am that they, to a man, stepped up. Craine (right back), Whitehead (CM) and Coleman (GK) especially.

How are you feeling about the replay? It's actually pretty ideal for us - bumps a league game to later in the season and gives us more time for Jonny Hogg to get fit again for the run-in.

Your guys gave a good account of themselves and it's obvious that your manager is no mug.

I disagree about your offside goal being unfortunate: if your man who was well offside had not been, I think Bravo collects the ball rather than having to stab it away...

The replay is probably an additional game that we could do without. I hope Pep fields a stronger side.

Completely agree with all that and I would fully expect us to struggle against a team at the highest level withoit them. Still a bit surprising a players such as Navas, Nolito, Fernandiniho cannot dictate a game and create a weakened Huddersfield side.

Had we been a little more clinical, we would have won. The performance was disappointing but Huddersfield worked very hard to disrupt us.

I just thought he was poor yesterday. It was a continuation of performances I've seen too often from Kun. I appreciate that he has had a tough time since Pep's come in, but at times the lack of quality and intelligence he shows drives me up the wall.

He can be frustrating and I don't think he has fulfilled his potential, despite his obvious achievements; just didn't think he was especially heads down yesterday. If I watched whole game again, I might have a different view.

Kun is barely match fit.

There were three occasions yesterday when we were effectively down to 10 men when he was down on his haunches getting his breath back and this has been happening increasingly for the last 18 months !

He is also getting like Carlitos in deciding who is worthy to receive his passes. He twice blanked Nolito in the second half when an early pass into space would've put Nolito in a good position. Then when Navas put his only cross of the match into the six yard box Kun was 10 yards away.

He has not been in elite condition for 2 years now & he seems to know it,it's affecting his mentality,self esteem & confidence,which in turn is affecting his form & performances.

He's not won the awards his previous performances deserved,dropped by Argentina,questioned by Pep,new kids on the block. There are some big challenges now for Kun for the first time in 6 years. I hope he's got the character,personality & mental strength to rise to the challenge cos we're going to need the 'old' Kun back if we are to win anything this season.

I think Aguero has always had significant spells in each season where he has played like he is doing now, but in the past it was usually (imo) because he was playing whilst carrying an injury or recovering from one. And in those teams, he was usually part of a front 2, sometimes with 2 def mids & 2 proper centre halves behind, as well as a younger Yaya in support. He could pick his moments.

If he went missing for a few weeks in build up & workrate, he'd still score at a decent rate (as he probably will now) & Dzeko, Balotelli, Tevez, Beast would take up the slack (or not depending which season).

As he has got older, it appears to me that his lightning sprints, where he knocked the ball ahead of a defender & burned him off, have all but disappeared & as you say, he picks & chooses who he passes to.

Wheras Jesus will play the 1-2 or look for your run 90% of the time, Serge is more of a solo artist, which is fine when it's all working but playing with 10 men when it isn't.

We have seen him (& Tevez) in the past, pick up a long pass & just attack the oppo centre backs & frequently beat them & get a shot in, often scoring. When a player can do that you can forgive the lack of picking out team mates etc & it's worth the others putting in the yards to close down & feed him. But either Serge can't do that anymore or is afraid to in case his hamstring or whatever goes. So it rarely happens.

I agree we can't do it without him, we need him to be effective & I agree he seems to get tired trying to put the extra yards in. But I don't think he will get fitter, he is what he is. He has to adapt to his condition, not just to play in a Pep team but to play for Argentina or anyone, to the standard he is capable of. He has to use his brain more. The ability is still there.

I think it's a terrible shame not just for City, but for Aguero, that Jesus is injured. I think he could really have helped Serge & is just too good for Serge not to pass to.

Now it feels as if he will have to do it all himself.

Completely disagree. I thought he was the standout performer. Shows how opinions differ. He does need a goal though, if only to get fans off his back.

I felt Fernando, Nolito, Navas, Fernandinho, Delph and Zaba were ALL under performers.

All about opinions but, for my money, Nando was our best performer and did his job well. He won lots of ball and had the most touches and best pass completion on the park. If you were expecting him to be David Silva, he underperformed.

It's because Navas is so shit, if I was Sergio I'd have given up long ago trying to work out what Navas is doing, I expect Sergio thought it would be smashed against the defender's legs as usual....

He might be 'shit' but he'll get at least one through the 6 yard box in every single game he plays. Someone like Van Horseface, Ian Wright, Lineker, would score almost every single one, just by playing the percentages, rather than expecting to be picked out.

In fact you can add Sean Goater in the past to that list. Brian Kidd, further in the past. We ahould be scoring almost all of those.

Your guys gave a good account of themselves and it's obvious that your manager is no mug.

I disagree about your offside goal being unfortunate: if your man who was well offside had not been, I think Bravo collects the ball rather than having to stab it away...

The replay is probably an additional game that we could do without. I hope Pep fields a stronger side.

Yeah, for sure. It was pleasing to see for us though as we've been crying out for another option upfront - a big bassa that can disrupt defences, which it feels like Quaner might just be. Halcyon times being a Town fan :)

Huddersfield played really well & can be proud. I didn't think they created much tbh (Kolarov created a fair bit ;) ) but they were always a threat & both defended & pressed well & broke well, & on the whole were not easy to play against at all.

It's hard to tell about the replay. For one we have no idea what side we will put out & how 'up for it' the players will be. We have had several disasters at home v teams from below & in Europe, so nothing is written.

What I would say, is that it's a different game on our pitch & IF City are up for it, the team we can be is 400% better in every aspect, than the one you saw yesterday. Under those circumstances it would be very difficult for Huddersfield as they have not faced anyhing like it, to practice on. City yesterday, included.

I wouldn't rule anything out, us losing or us scoring ten.

It's City ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.