Hughes Tatics today

I agree, had we got the penno and Robbies header we would have strolled this one. They shut down our midfield preventing Ireland and Sweep from playing their normal game. T'rovers were in our face throughout, literally in Tugays case.
We battled and deserved a draw against a team where we have never got anything since Joe Royles promotion team

cleavers said:
Marvin said:
Nothing wrong with tactics. City got outfought in midfield yet again, because we only have one midfielder who can tackle, and he's a converted central defender.

Can you spot the error on what you said here ?

City got outfought in midfield because of the tactics.
Well what do you do?

Play Hamann, and drop Elano, SWP, or Robinho? Not for me. When you have forwards like Robinho, and SWP you have to play them.

Look at the bench/squad. The best players are being played. The squad is just skewed towards attacking talent at the expense of "proper" midfielders.

ManCityFC said:
What precisely is shit about any of what I wrote. So let me get this right....you're happy getting a stuffy 2-2 against the bottom side, your happy that we play shite, long ball, ineffective football and you think the players should only try hard when 0-2 down?
You are implying that Blackburn roll over at home, and under ince maybe they did but they have a new manger and hadn't concede a goal under him. Let's see there home record from now on shall we?

It also pisses me off that it was "a scrappy draw" WTF??? it was a terrific comeback!!!!! end of.

Am i happy with a point? yes i would have taken a point at 4 o'clock if offered, in case you hadn't noticed our away form was as bad as their previous home form!

You are doom mongering, please stop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marvin said:
Well what do you do?

Play Hamann, and drop Elano, SWP, or Robinho? Not for me. When you have forwards like Robinho, and SWP you have to play them.

Look at the bench/squad. The best players are being played. The squad is just skewed towards attacking talent at the expense of "proper" midfielders.

Well I would have played 4 in the middle today, not 3, and 3 is what we did, it didn't need a change of personnel, just tactics. Teams like fatsams you match in midfield, its not difficult, but we attempted to play 3 V 4, against strength, it hasn't worked all season, it didn't today, but luckily we got a point for once.

bluemoon1078 said:
ManCityFC said:
What precisely is shit about any of what I wrote. So let me get this right....you're happy getting a stuffy 2-2 against the bottom side, your happy that we play shite, long ball, ineffective football and you think the players should only try hard when 0-2 down?
You are implying that Blackburn roll over at home, and under ince maybe they did but they have a new manger and hadn't concede a goal under him. Let's see there home record from now on shall we?

It also pisses me off that it was "a scrappy draw" WTF??? it was a terrific comeback!!!!! end of.

Am i happy with a point? yes i would have taken a point at 4 o'clock if offered, in case you hadn't noticed our away form was as bad as their previous home form!

Your'e completely missing the point pal. The football was fucking shite. If you are happy with it, great, enjoy it, but it was a poor result brought about from playing totally shite football. Sugar coat it all you want, blame it on a resurgent Blackburn, whatever. There is always an excuse isn't there. At the end of the day, we are playing piss poor football and that is why people like you are getting excited about 10 minutes of attacking football at the end of a very poor match. We have a quality side and I am 100% behind them, but somebody is telling them to play that system and it hasn't worked consistently since they started playing it.

cleavers said:
Marvin said:
Well what do you do?

Well I would have played 4 in the middle today, not 3, and 3 is what we did, it didn't need a change of personnel, just tactics. Teams like fatsams you match in midfield, its not difficult, but we attempted to play 3 V 4, against strength, it hasn't worked all season, it didn't today, but luckily we got a point for once.
We just can not physically match teams like Blackburn. It would be too negate the abilities of players like SWP, Robinho, Ireland if we to try and do that

This is the crux of City's problems away from home. We don't seem able to play our "normal" game away from home.

That said we've had some creditable away draws recently at Hull, Fulham and now Blackburn. And lost narrowly at WBA.

These results are viewed as disappointments by most City fans, but if you can draw away, and win at home, then that will represent huge progress. I know we wont win every home game, but with City's attack, I'm going to be confident about every remaining home game

ManCityFC said:
bluemoon1078 said:
ManCityFC said:

Your'e completely missing the point pal. The football was fucking shite. If you are happy with it, great, enjoy it, but it was a poor result brought about from playing totally shite football. Sugar coat it all you want, blame it on a resurgent Blackburn, whatever. There is always an excuse isn't there. At the end of the day, we are playing piss poor football and that is why people like you are getting excited about 10 minutes of attacking football at the end of a very poor match. We have a quality side and I am 100% behind them, but somebody is telling them to play that system and it hasn't worked consistently since they started playing it.

No pal, i get your point i just think you're talking bollox! you think Hull was piss poor football?

ManCityFC said:
der-bomber said:
The armchair cocksuckers on here are starting to annoy me severely, this was a hardfought valuable Away point .
You won't see any teams go to Ewood this season and stroke it about at their leisure ,playing champagne football and come away with 3 pts, aint gonna happen.

But my friend, Blackburn have had 5 loses at home, 2 wins and 2 draws, so clearly they are not really a footballing force are they????? Is that our level, scraping a stuffy draw against the bottom side in the Premiership? Either way, the football was piss poor. Crappy long ball, ineffective rubbish. Sorry, but you can't deny it.
ManCityFC said:
All points should be hard-fought pal, surely that is a given.

Sorry, can deny it...given our run of results for the first half of the season, why would you think we stood a chance at 2-0 down......away from home! Granted six out of six was a present I really wanted, but todays performance displayed some fighting spirit matched with some quality flair!

cleavers said:
Marvin said:
Well what do you do?

Personally i'd prefer our team to play to our own strengths rather than accomodate to the style of other teams.

Thats what we did today, have done most of the season and hopefully will continue to do so... the difference being, hopefully, after the next month, we'll have more strengths and less weaknesses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.