Hunting ?

I can't speak for France, but up here dear need to be culled, and they taste good, win win situation.

Hunting for the sake of hunting is a bit sick imo.

Nothing wrong with hunting if you eat what you kill. I enjoy sea fishing and other than a few mackerel used for bait I always put back anything I don't intend to eat, killing for killings sake is just wrong.

Hunting as a form of wildlife management is not just fine but needed in many places where man has had such an effect as to unbalance the natural environment. Many predators that controlled the populations of deer along with other animals have been wiped out as they were a danger to humans too so deer populations go wild without hunting and then you have many starving deer at the back end of winter rather than a small heard of healthy animals. I have a few friends here in Switzerland that have hunting licenses and it's no easy task to get one. There are very strict rules about which animals can be taken and mistakes are punished severely so before the shot is taken the hunters have to be absolutely sure of the age, sex and family group of the target. One of my hunting friends owns quite a large area of forest in the alps and he has loads of cameras in there and knows all of the animals who live in his forest.

I actually think we have become too far separated from the source of our food and have a really poor understanding of farming. How many of you are aware of the number of calves produced by the dairy industry and what happens to them. Think about that when you're pouring your milk on those coco pops in the morning.

Game hunting for trophies is a different matter.

Gelsons Dad said:
Hunting as a form of wildlife management is not just fine but needed in many places where man has had such an effect as to unbalance the natural environment. Many predators that controlled the populations of deer along with other animals have been wiped out as they were a danger to humans too so deer populations go wild without hunting and then you have many starving deer at the back end of winter rather than a small heard of healthy animals. I have a few friends here in Switzerland that have hunting licenses and it's no easy task to get one. There are very strict rules about which animals can be taken and mistakes are punished severely so before the shot is taken the hunters have to be absolutely sure of the age, sex and family group of the target. One of my hunting friends owns quite a large area of forest in the alps and he has loads of cameras in there and knows all of the animals who live in his forest.

I actually think we have become too far separated from the source of our food and have a really poor understanding of farming. How many of you are aware of the number of calves produced by the dairy industry and what happens to them. Think about that when you're pouring your milk on those coco pops in the morning.

Game hunting for trophies is a different matter.

Same here in Cyprus mate. There is a quota on the months of November, Dec, Jan, Feb ,March. These are the only months you can hunt here and each month is a particular animal. i.e November is partridge, December is hare, Jan is grouse etc...

Killing a living creature surely can not be fun and in the scheme of things karma will get you.

I'd never kill another living creature except for that fat scouse shrek twat.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Killing a living creature surely can not be fun and in the scheme of things karma will get you.

Killing that favourite childrens character will upset so many kids...... where's that fook8n hammer

paphos-mcfc said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Killing that favourite childrens character will upset so many kids...... where's that fook8n hammer

The old woman of Merseyside would be happy though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.