Hunting

Hmmm loads of twats riding round on horses killing a fox or two or laid poison solving the problem reasonably quickly and humanly without churning up fields.

Using poison (or gas) to kill foxes is also illegal. And because of the time it takes to bring about death, it would likely introduce poison into other animals (e.g. crows) scavenging the corpse.

Last edited:
You can argue the toss over fox hunting all you like. Personally I’m against it as a sport. Which is what I see it as. A blood sport.
But going back to the original post, there can be no excuse for what that woman did to that horse. Kicking and slapping the animal out of her own frustration. She shouldn’t be allowed near animals.

You can argue the toss over fox hunting all you like. Personally I’m against it as a sport. Which is what I see it as. A blood sport.
But going back to the original post, there can be no excuse for what that woman did to that horse. Kicking and slapping the animal out of her own frustration. She shouldn’t be allowed near animals.
... or other humans.

When does that method of hunting take place? Read the whole post I mentioned firearms and traps, I was talking about hunts with toffs in red jackets.

That was the hunting I was referring to. It isn’t “illegal” as you state. It’s illegal as a “sport” but not as pest control.

They can legally use dogs to flush a fox out with the intent of shooting them - should the unfortunate fox end up being killed by the dog - so long as the intent to shoot was there - it’s ok.

I believe in Scotland there is no limit on the number of dogs that can be used for flushing in England it’s 2 (I think).

For sport you can use scented trails but of course “accidents” happen, really the law falls somewhat short of stopping anything except the most blatant flouting of it.

It's sad to witness cruelty to animals, especially when it's a pet type animal. You're supposed to feed it and look after the fucking thing, not slap it in the face or kick it in the chest. Poor horsey, hopefully it was a moment of madness on her part, and not a regular thing that she does.

That was the hunting I was referring to. It isn’t “illegal” as you state. It’s illegal as a “sport” but not as pest control.

They can legally use dogs to flush a fox out with the intent of shooting them - should the unfortunate fox end up being killed by the dog - so long as the intent to shoot was there - it’s ok.

I believe in Scotland there is no limit on the number of dogs that can be used for flushing in England it’s 2 (I think).

For sport you can use scented trails but of course “accidents” happen, really the law falls somewhat short of stopping anything except the most blatant flouting of it.

You are talking past me, you don't need to clarify something that is implied in my previous posts.

Yes, except that different types of dogs are used for flushing and hunting. And you probably know this anyway. A short-legged small terrier is unsuited to pursue a fox across open areas.

A long legged and less nimble foxhound or foxhound/beagle mix is incapable of getting down foxholes.

This article claims that you can't legally use more than one terrier, and it shouldn't habitually fight.

Flushing with a terrier is also the start of a "fox hunt", nocturnal animals aren't usually out in the fields during the daylight hours when hunts take place.

What you are highlighting is that when the laws were made there was pushback and compromise to make sure that people who accidentally killed a fox wouldn't fall foul of the law. And then toffs can pay for legal advice that creatively unpicks the enforceability of the Act.

Why do trail hunters need to use fox piss or synthetic piss if the aim is not to hunt foxes by accident. Why not use a unique chemical compound produced in the lab and not train foxes to be anymore aggressive to foxes that they would naturally be?

As you have alluded to, trail hunts are in most cases just a smokescreen for live hunts.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t, it’s just passing the buck, too easy to buy a bit of plastic wrapped meat in my view, your completely culpable for the animals death.does that make you a **** ?
Not really animals are farmed for the table and are fairly unlikely to go extinct,we're like a plague on the fuckin planet any clown who kills a wild animal as a jolly day outs a twat in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.