I finished my PhD thesis (and passed the viva!)

Re: I finished my PhD thesis (and submitted it!)

BingoBango said:
bluereddish said:
Very well done. Having read and thoroughly enjoyed 'The Commonwealth of Thieves' and 'The Fatal Shore' I have developed a thirst (metaphorically speaking) for all things surrounding Early Colonial history of Australia. It would be fantastic if the fruits of your labour got into mainstream print. I'd dash out to buy it.

Cheers bud. I've got a second meeting with someone from Allen and Unwin - one of Australia's biggest publishers - later in the month, and they seem interested. I'll let them know they have one potential reader at least!

Brucie - please excuse my vainglory. Next update won't be until I've got the big red cloak on ;-)

I don't suppose you have a pdf you could get to me do you? I'd like to take a look at it.

Re: I finished my PhD thesis (and submitted it!)

Brucie Bonus said:
BingoBango said:
Cheers bud. I've got a second meeting with someone from Allen and Unwin - one of Australia's biggest publishers - later in the month, and they seem interested. I'll let them know they have one potential reader at least!

Brucie - please excuse my vainglory. Next update won't be until I've got the big red cloak on ;-)

I don't suppose you have a pdf you could get to me do you? I'd like to take a look at it.

Brucie - if you PM an email address, I can send you a copy. It'll probably be tomorrow when I get a chance to do so, as I've a train to catch soon.

Final self-aggrandising post for a while: I had the PhD viva on Friday and passed, with just a few typos to iron and out the presentation of the stats to sort. Now that's out of the way I'm off to change the title on my bank cards, like the vain bastard I am.

Thank the wee man that's all over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.