I give up

Humans are fucking horrible mate, whether it be Bull fighting, dog fighting, even those poor little donkeys carrying fat tourists up steep hills in Greece in 33c heat.
Humans are just horrible to animals.
I won't go near a zoo, circus or anything where humans make money out of animals.

I've always admired the way Paul McCartney helps animals with his money.
The thing is though (and I guarantee that some posters will get triggered and defensive about this), horrific animal abuse - comparable to that described above - happens on a grand scale on factory farms and in abattoirs literally every single day.

Every single time someone films undercover in these places, they come out with images of unspeakable cruelty and torture. Studies have found that abattoir workers are significantly more likely than the general population to go on to kill humans; it seems this kind of 'work' attracts a certain type of person, shall we say?

Added to that are other ways in which horrors are allowed to go unchecked, e.g. chickens are meant to have their throats slit before being submerged in boiling water to remove the feathers but some chickens get missed and end up being submerged and scalded, fully conscious.

Some angora wool is produced by pinning the rabbits down and tearing out their wool. There are videos online where you can see it happening, and where you can see the animals crying and screaming in agony. They are then placed back into their tiny cages for another three months so the fur can grow back and the cycle continues.

Add to that the extreme psychological abuse suffered by cows, pigs etc. on British farms when the young are forceably separated from their mothers or when the young calves and sows etc. are forced to live in tiny cages where they can't move.

In egg production, the male chicks are of no value so they are either ground up alive or suffocated en masse in large plastic bags.

Anyway, my point is that we are right to be disgusted by what the OP describes but, as a race, we are very good at dealing with our dissonance by being selective about which torture is OK and which isn't, when the reality is that they all constitute comparable experiences for the animals.

Last edited:
The thing is though (and I guarantee that some posters will get triggered and defensive about this), horrific animal abuse - comparable to that described above - happens on a grand scale on factory farms and in abattoirs literally every single day.

Every single time someone films undercover in these places, they come out with images of unspeakable cruelty and torture. Studies have found that abattoir workers are significantly more likely than the general population to go on to kill humans; it seems this kind of 'work' attracts a certain type of person, shall we say?

Added to that are other ways in which horrors are allowed to go unchecked, e.g. chickens are meant to have their throats slit before being submerged in boiling water to remove the feathers but some chickens get missed and end up being submerged and scalded, fully conscious.

Some angora wool is produced by pinning the rabbits down and tearing out their wool. There are videos online where you can see it happening, and where you can see the animals crying and screaming in agony.

Add to that the extreme psychological abuse suffered by cows, pigs etc. on British farms when the young are forceably separated from their mothers or when the young calves and sows etc. are forced to live in tiny cages where they can't move.

In egg production, the male chicks are of no value so they are either ground up alive or suffocated en masse in large plastic bags.

Anyway, my point is that we are right to be disgusted by what the OP describes but, as a race, we are very good at dealing with our dissonance by being selective about which torture is OK and which isn't, when the reality is that they all constitute comparable experiences for the animals.
Post of the year

I've not read the full story because I knew how helpless it would make me feel, but in a few papers on Saturday there's a story about a donkey being set on fire by utter cunts who apparently had nothing better to do.

I didn't read any of the reports because I don't think I could handle the detail so I might have got this wrong, but in reality,it's probably as bad as it seems.

We have a rescue cat from the RDPCA and the little fellah only has three legs, they think he was run over. He is a brilliant cat, bit moody when he wants and a bit loving when he's hungry. But the lads lucky because he's ended up with us and he'll have the best life we can give him.

But these twats who have hurt this donkey drive me well over my level of fair play. There is no level of re-education or alignment to bring them even close to living in my world and I would gladly be first in line to administer even greater pain and suffering to them than they have to this animal.

How many levels of sub-human am I supposed to tolerate before we all eradicate these cunts in the most reflective of ways that they themselves administered to a poor animal
If they are caught and they need a guy to set the bastards on fire, then I will do it gladly. After I get medieval on their ass with a pair of pliers. Obviously. Utter fucking scum who deserve the same back.

Some angora wool is produced by pinning the rabbits down and tearing out their wool. There are videos online where you can see it happening, and where you can see the animals crying and screaming in agony. They are then placed back into their tiny cages for another three months so the fur can grow back and the cycle continues.

Without fundamentally disagreeing with almost all of this, I should say that many farms and slaughterhouses are not anywhere near as you describe. All too often though, big business and indeed our consumer habits lead to situations that you describe.

I've not read the full story because I knew how helpless it would make me feel, but in a few papers on Saturday there's a story about a donkey being set on fire by utter cunts who apparently had nothing better to do.

I didn't read any of the reports because I don't think I could handle the detail so I might have got this wrong, but in reality,it's probably as bad as it seems.

We have a rescue cat from the RDPCA and the little fellah only has three legs, they think he was run over. He is a brilliant cat, bit moody when he wants and a bit loving when he's hungry. But the lads lucky because he's ended up with us and he'll have the best life we can give him.

But these twats who have hurt this donkey drive me well over my level of fair play. There is no level of re-education or alignment to bring them even close to living in my world and I would gladly be first in line to administer even greater pain and suffering to them than they have to this animal.

How many levels of sub-human am I supposed to tolerate before we all eradicate these cunts in the most reflective of ways that they themselves administered to a poor animal
All I can say is they should deserve the consequences of the full force of the law.

All too often these days however the law gives lip service to these inhumane acts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.