"I Played For Man City Once You Know"

bluegaz13 said:
Ron Phoenix ??

sergiokun said:
Alex the Blue said:
And if you'd represented City at some level you would never have mentioned it of course. -- Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:37 pm -- Never heard of that (but it could be my memory) and I was regular at Maine Road 40 years ago. I guess Gary James would be the man with a definitive answer.
Thanks mate, prob my rag mate

40 years ago? Well the goals are fiction but Howard White made his debut against Liverpool in 1971 in a top flight match that was almost a ressies fixture, City had a number of injuries and both sides "rested" players ahead of key European matches. Crowd was less than 20k IIRC - White was carried off in the first half with a broken ankle or leg and never featured again in the first team.

lancs blue said:
bluegaz13 said:
Ron Phoenix ??

sergiokun said:
Thanks mate, prob my rag mate

40 years ago? Well the goals are fiction but Howard White made his debut against Liverpool in 1971 in a top flight match that was almost a ressies fixture, City had a number of injuries and both sides "rested" players ahead of key European matches. Crowd was less than 20k IIRC - White was carried off in the first half with a broken ankle or leg and never featured again in the first team.

The match was on a Monday night with the ECWC Semi-Final second leg against Chelsea two days later. That made three matches in five days. Hence there were nine changes for the Liverpool match and a further eight changes for the Chelsea match.

daveduke67 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Neil Lennon and Ian Thompstone

Do you know Ian?

He does mention his 100% scoring record from time to time ;-)

Never met him, just know he played for City once (as did Lennon)<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:26 am --<br /><br />
adr2.8i said:
ive played with rhys day before he joined city back in the late 90's. he was a fabulous defender. i think he played for the first team a few times.

ps. (i havent played for city though)

No, Rhys didn't play for the 1st team, sorry!

I'm sure Bill Williams wouldn't go around claiming that he played for City. I played football with his son and have been coached by Bill - he is a big red and hates City as much as the next rag.

bluemarauder10 said:
I'm sure Bill Williams wouldn't go around claiming that he played for City. I played football with his son and have been coached by Bill - he is a big red and hates City as much as the next rag.
One of our most bizarre signings ever. A fat, slow, fourth division defender, not even a good player at his own level.

As for the other question, didn't Paul Hince get two on his debut, then got injured in his next game? Gary J is the man with the answers

Barney Daniels scored a hat trick on his debut v Leicester in 1974 IIRC,didn't play many games after that

Alan Oakes brother happens to be my best mate and yes I know Alan and his cousin Glyn Pardoe.Glyn used to take me to City home games whilst he was playing as Citys centre forward when I was in my early teens,way back in the mid 1960s.
Used to be great,once he`d parked his car up on the Players and Staff Car Park behind the Platt Lane End and along would come Mike Doyle and Alan,as they`d all wait for one another to arrive before walking upto the Players Entrance.
Wonderful memorries travelling with Glyns Mum,Girlfriend (Pat who he marrried) and his Nan.

thought it said I PRAYED for City once you know

firk me I used to pray for us regularly in the dark days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.