IAAF World Championships 2017

What a race that women's 1500m was, everyone attacking it, brilliant to watch. Muir will be gutted to miss out like that.

Really enjoyed that race

Listening to Paula Radcliffe at the start and I think the way they all talk about Semenya(spelling) is a disgrace

Really enjoyed that race

Listening to Paula Radcliffe at the start and I think the way they all talk about Semenya(spelling) is a disgrace

Can understand the frustrations from both sides though. If it's true that Semenya has testosterone levels 1.8% higher than 'normal' then it is a massive advantage which we'll see in the 800m and if a 'normal' athlete were to enhance their testosterone levels by 1.8% they would be banned for doping. Then you have on the other side that it's not her fault and thats how she was born.

In my opinion they have to have some sort of parameters for what defines Women's Sport based on chemical levels in the body etc... It's not fair on those born with higher levels and the majority that don't have such fortune are punished either by losing if it remains the same or banned for doping if they try and even the playing field.

Either way it's an impossible situation.

Last edited:
In my opinion they have to cap Women's Sport based on chemical levels of testerone and other natural chemicals in the body. It's not fair on those born with higher levels but the majority don't have such fortune. Either way it's an impossible situation.

Two athletes paced themselves better than her though, so it's not just about raw speed and strength.

I didn't really understand Laura Muir's tactics.

Fast first lap, slow second, then got boxed in and had to run round the outside to get back into it.

Two athletes paced themselves better than her though, so it's not just about raw speed and strength.

Fast first lap, slow second, then got boxed in and had to run round the outside to get back into it.

1500m isn't her event though, so she won't have the training base that the other 1500m runners will have. She'll destroy the 800m bar maybe 1 or 2 athletes who also have higher testosterone levels.

Agree about Muir's tactics though, she should have kept the pressure on, easing off didn't suit her strength.

So far we have one less medal than Venezuela.

Those lottery funds are really making a difference.

Than f**k for Mo.

She left herself too much to do and then worked too hard trying to win it when she should of saved something once she'd missed the break. Simpson just let her go and knew she'd catch her on the final straight.

So far we have one less medal than Venezuela.

Those lottery funds are really making a difference.

Than f**k for Mo.

To be fair a series of misjudgements and under-performances couldn't have been predicted:

- Hitchon maybe should have took Bronze but couldn't find her rhythm.
- Hawkins finished 4th in the men's marathon and said he misjudged how much he had left.
- Johnson-Thompson messed up the Heptathlon, finished 5th despite jumping 18cm below her PB in the high jump, an event notorious for giving high points in the heptathlon.
- Muir 4th in the 1500m, centimetres from Bronze.

So many ifs and buts.

Like you say, thank fuck for Mo.

Might still have a chance in the Men's 200m. Couple of ours look good, Mitchell-Blake (I think it's him) in particular.

She left herself too much to do and then worked too hard trying to win it when she should of saved something once she'd missed the break. Simpson just let her go and knew she'd catch her on the final straight.

She was all over the place.

What's the point in running a fast first lap and then slowing it right down?

All the experts said she needed to run a fast race to see off the South African and they were proved right.

Might still have a chance in the Men's 200m. Couple of ours look good, Mitchell-Blake (I think it's him) in particular.

Let's hope so because GB Athletics predicted 6-8 medals beforehand.

So far we have one.

Unless Mo is running the last leg of the relay, i can't see where the others are coming from.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.