Ian Cheeseman (and his VLOGs)

The dodgy bit is that horrible Sarah Collins woman, all this is down to her, she's the new sports editor.
She's under pressure herself to reduce costs, like many similar people working in BBC local radio. Personally I don't see the point in having so many local stations. Could BBC Manchester, Lancashire, Cumbria & Merseyside not be one North West station?

She's under pressure herself to reduce costs, like many similar people working in BBC local radio. Personally I don't see the point in having so many local stations. Could BBC Manchester, Lancashire, Cumbria & Merseyside not be one North West station?
Would make more.sense alot of news is duplicated

It is all well and good having 1 local for the whole of the North West, but Manchester and the other local stations have different sports programmes for their local football teams.
Radio Manchester covers 6 teams from various leagues, plus all the local clubs from all the other leagues below league 2. If radio Manchester had to cover for all the other teams there wouldn't be enough time to cover for all of them, if they are all playing on the same day.

Radio Merseyside will probably cover both Liverpool clubs possibly Blackpool as well, as those other clubs in the lower leagues below league 2.

The same would apply to radio Blackburn who cover both Burnley and Blackburn.

So if there was only 1 station cyberblue, there would be no time to have a commentary on any local clubs, as they would just spend all the time going around the grounds for an update and for the main points of interest that had happened since their last up date.

It is all well and good having 1 local for the whole of the North West, but Manchester and the other local stations have different sports programmes for their local football teams.
Radio Manchester covers 6 teams from various leagues, plus all the local clubs from all the other leagues below league 2. If radio Manchester had to cover for all the other teams there wouldn't be enough time to cover for all of them, if they are all playing on the same day.

Radio Merseyside will probably cover both Liverpool clubs possibly Blackpool as well, as those other clubs in the lower leagues below league 2.

So if there was only 1 station cyberblue, there would be no time to have a commentary on any local clubs, as they would just spend all the time going around the grounds for an update and for the main points of interest that had happened since their last up date.

Could we not have North West radio 90% of the time, then 'choose' which commentary to listen to at match time?

How many people actualy listen to the radio to get there news and sport nowadays ? should imagaine majority get stuff on line /streaming /kodi .Bt sports .Sky and other outlets

How many people actualy listen to the radio to get there news and sport nowadays ? should imagaine majority get stuff on line /streaming /kodi .Bt sports .Sky and other outlets

What about us old gits who need radio and a paper. Whats this Kodi bt sports etc :-)

BBC local radio is not the problem. My local BBC station BBC Radio Lincolnshire is based in a small building not far from the centre of Lincoln, sandwiched between a Hairdressers and Dry Cleaners. It covers a relatively wide area and topics such as current affairs, news, local music and local sports. I'd be surprised if the budget come anywhere near the annual salary of Graham Norton. BBC Local Radio is probably one of the more value for money services that the BBC provide.

The problem is all the thousands of non-jobs in London/Salford, and the so called BBC talent that soak up the money.

BBC local radio is not the problem. My local BBC station BBC Radio Lincolnshire is based in a small building not far from the centre of Lincoln, sandwiched between a Hairdressers and Dry Cleaners. It covers a relatively wide area and topics such as current affairs, news, local music and local sports. I'd be surprised if the budget come anywhere near the annual salary of Graham Norton. BBC Local Radio is probably one of the more value for money services that the BBC provide.

The problem is all the thousands of non-jobs in London/Salford, and the so called BBC talent that soak up the money.

I enjoy the work BBC radio Lincolnshire does. The folk are well know around lincoln and local areas, always involved with local events be it for the news, to add publicity or their own time and the sports coverage is good. They're personal on social media and will reply to requests and questions and a lot of them are local folk.

It'd be a shame if other areas missed out on the positives they bring for fucking Graham Norton's weekly make up budget.

100% of people who work in our warehouse where mobiles are banned

When i can't get to an away game i always listen to GMR Sport for my match commentary, i refuse to watch Sky or BT on principal, why should i watch and listen to a bunch of twats slagging City off at every given opportunity, makes me laugh when City fans come on here complaining about Quinn, McManamannnnn and Stelling, DON'T WATCH THE TOSSERS THEN

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.