If we were to play Barcelona in CL next season

If it was in the groups i'd say defend like fuck at the Nou Camp and try to hit them on the counter, have a go at home but still keep it tight at the back. I'd be tempted to play Kolarov at home rather than Clichy.

Fuck knows what I'd do if we drew them in the knockouts.

citykev28 said:
If it was in the groups i'd say defend like fuck at the Nou Camp and try to hit them on the counter, have a go at home but still keep it tight at the back. I'd be tempted to play Kolarov at home rather than Clichy.

Fuck knows what I'd do if we drew them in the knockouts.

Would you not do the same in a home/away scenario?

This is the one time I'd happily play 5-2-3 (slight variation with the fullbacks not allowed over the halfway line) as we have in pre-season. Keep it very tight and compact at the back and in midfield, very similar to how Napoli played against us last year but with Yaya, Tevez (****!) and Aguero up front with no defensive responsibilities at all. Barcelona couldn't handle the pace and power of those front three so we'd get a goal or two but it would all depend on how we defended so I'd leave Silva and Nasri on the bench.

Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Agger - Lescott - Clichy
De Jong - Barry
Toure
Aguero - ****!

There is absolutely no shame in losing to Barca as long as you don't look like a frightened child whilst you do, I say go for it, see what we can snatch, and worst case scenario come out with head held high.

Villa V Kompany.. tough call.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
We kick the shit out of 'em, particularly that Pique lad. Can't put me finger on it but there's summat about him that I can't take to!

Hmmm, i wonder? Didn't he used to play for the rags?!

City Spirit said:
We kick the shit out of 'em, particularly that Pique lad. Can't put me finger on it but there's summat about him that I can't take to!

The fact he played for the rags makes me like him, they sold him for peanuts compared to what he is worth now.

City Spirit said:

In fairness, he did praise us on Twitter after we won the title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.