If you could relive a moment

So many lows, too few highs for a club of our size. (Plus all the typical moments!!!) in 40 years following City.
But the FAC Semi against them at Wembley was just so special. Not just beating them, not just the atmosphere (Adrian Childes on TV said the pre match Poznan made the Stadium actually shake) but the sense, after all the false dawns, of that game being a real turning point with it all actually coming together and so it did.

The final whistle celebrations v Stoke in the fa cup final.......unbelievable.
Finally the wait was over.

I agree.

For me it was better than the Augerooo moment.

When Sergio scored I'd only waited a year since City's last big trophy.

Before Yaya won the Cup I'd waited decades.

3/1 at Trafford 68 also the FA semi against rags, but the catalyst has to be the aguero moment

3/1 at Trafford 68 also the FA semi against rags, but the catalyst has to be the aguero moment
Absolutely agree re the 3-1 win at Old Trafford. It was the day I realised that it was actually going to happen. Initially we were losing 1-0 in the first couple of minutes and negativity started in my mind , looked like we were going to get hammered ... Then Colin Bell ran clear of the defence with the ball and I still thought we wouldn't score , thought that being a City player against United at Old Trafford he would fluff it ... But no, he calmly put it past Stepney and into the net. That was the moment I knew it was going to be good. For the rest of the game it was no contest as far as I can remember and we ended up 3-1 winners .... And one of the other two goals was scored by George Heslop .... Now that didn't happen often !!!!

Yes Header from Tony Coleman cross, best had scored after 30 seconds if I can remember robbing the ball off Tony book gmars, United never got a sniff that night, I remember franny slotting the 3rd in from the penalty spot, with Colin watching from a stretcher after winning the penalty, I will never forget the look on the rags faces after the game marching up Warwick rd, total shock, they knew it and we knew it, the chance of the title was on, it was close thing but their was a sense around the fans. Pity their were no cameras I've never seen anything if that game which should have been put in the annals of one of citys greatest games!

One moment to relive if possible would be for me on one occasion when I had to call in Maine Rd to see my Ma who used to work there. What for I don't know but it was the off season in 1966 and City were installing a new sound system and as I waited for Ma to show up the engineers played "Guantanamera" by the Sandpipers. The sound echoing around the empty stadium was unbelievable and the hairs on my neck stood up.
Everytime I hear that record now, although not so often these days, my old addled mind goes back to that far off day.

One moment to relive if possible would be for me on one occasion when I had to call in Maine Rd to see my Ma who used to work there. What for I don't know but it was the off season in 1966 and City were installing a new sound system and as I waited for Ma to show up the engineers played "Guantanamera" by the Sandpipers. The sound echoing around the empty stadium was unbelievable and the hairs on my neck stood up.
Everytime I hear that record now, although not so often these days, my old addled mind goes back to that far off day.
Quality - individual memories will live forever.......

1989, As a young'n who used to be above the tunnel in the singing section in the Kippax for every home game up until this one and not being able to get near it for the "Game of the season" due to the old guard taking position early, initially gutted me! We had to find another place on the famous old terrace but it had to be near the enemies end. We nestled in to our newly selected viewing point and with a bit of bobbing and ducking we were able to see most of what turned out to be an iconic game, that was when we weren't laughing and taking the piss out of the enemies fans who just didn't know how to respond! For me THAT was an unbelievable day and so unexpected - one that will live long in the memory just like so many others have
already mentioned on this thread......

At the Baseball Ground in 1990 and we'd just gone 6-0 down.

My Watford supporting mate who lives in Derby put his hand firmly on my shoulder in a mock show of sympathy and support.

It was so insincere I laughed out loud and we still laugh about it now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.