If you were a footballer...

chris85mcfc

Would you rather be involved in a World cup/Euro's during pre season

Or

Spend three months on holiday with your mates/Mrs drinking champagne, VIP clubbing and seeing loads of different places

It's such a contrast seeing Vinny and Aguero putting pictures up of them training in Brazil while Jovetic is clubbing in Ibiza :)

He should be staying in shape for the new season the partying injury prone ****.

They have the rest of their lives to spend their millions on partying and getting fat.

If not chosen for my country I would doubtless enjoy my holidays as much as any other person

Hmm,

There are different types of health and one which has been focussed on above is Physical health.

Mental health plays a big factor in how these athletes are performing and sure Jovetic may be partying whilst his team mates are training but what is the long term effect of this on their bodies?

Kompany may pull up tonight (if he's playing) for all we know and could be out for next season, whereas we hope Jovetic has mentally charged himself up for next season, prepared for what lies ahead and at his age (24) is more than capable of cutting a little bodyfat which has been gained from excessive drinking... Can you remember what your metabolism was like at 24?

Adding to this his fulltime job which is to run around and burn fuel anyway...

I've competed in sport and giving your body a rest can be needed and much more important than constantly working out.

Aguero for me is an example of this, he just seems to be putting himself through this on a regular basis competing straight after coming back from injury, yet if he had that extra time he may find himself injurying less and therefore able to play more.

For what its worth id want to play at the World Cup, although a summer consisting of trips to Ibiza, Vegas, Miami and LA do sound very appealing.

For all we know Jovetic might not even drink? If he is VIP then the chances are he is in a very chilled area where he isn't surrounded by the likes of you and me, so probably doesn't need to be bladdered to get himself through the night.

As far as the excessive training is concerned, the reason I think Sergio is rushed back is because he is such a good player, his team and his country want him back asap as he plays such a vital role. I hope he doesn't play again this WC and has a few weeks rest before coming back to training.

On the other hand there are some footballers in the PL that really let their hair down during pre season, I recall seeing someone in Ibiza in 2012 that was doing his best to ensure he would have a very tough pre season :)

If I was a footballer? - World cup/ Euro's.
If I was a cheesedicked ugly twat with a high tolerance for shit music that couldn't get laid without going on holidays? - Clubbing in Ibiza.

Not sure because I've never been in the situation of being a multimillionaire that can afford to jet off spending thousands, or doing a job that I love (like playing football).

I'd like to say go to the world cup but you never know, money changes people

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.