Ignored?

Tom_mcfc

Is it just me or has last night’s result been somewhat ignored? Had talksport on briefly this morning and it was all about Chelsea turning Tottenham over (the same way we did) whilst not much of a mention about us. Was just on the BBC page where it’s all Chelsea and newspaper headlines about them. Whilst in my opinion Chelsea will probably win it I can’t help but think our win last night has just been brushed aside.

If you take into account this is a place we haven’t won at in years, we went behind and emphatically won 4-1. Without Kompany or Silva and only days after the best team in the league went there, created nothing and drew 0-0. The same team the media are creaming themselves over this morning.

I am not part of the agenda crew I just find it bizarre, are we going under the radar like last year with Liverpool? I hope so as that probably worked in our favour.

I think the likeliest explanation is your big London based hacks (Holt, Winter etc) were never going to go to a Tuesday night game in the NE so all the media and coverage focused on the chavs. Fine by me. Let's just go about our business and keep the wins ticking over.

I haven't listened to TalkShite for ages but dialled in this morning

Brazil paid lip service to the game and Kun got a mention

Its a Jose and Chelsea love in. don't lose any sleep over it

If Chelsea carry on like this then we may not get a look in.................. let's hope they don't

*Sigh*

Another City fan with self image issues.

This looks pretty balanced to me:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/29697369" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/29697369</a>

Ruddles81 said:
I think the likeliest explanation is your big London based hacks (Holt, Winter etc) were never going to go to a Tuesday night game in the NE so all the media and coverage focused on the chavs. Fine by me. Let's just go about our business and keep the wins ticking over.

Not sure too many North West based journo's were keen on making the trip to Sunderland either. Neil Custis was trying to locate a pub in Didsbury that was showing the match.

I finished work late last night and the only thing Talksport were talking about was is this the best Chelsea team in history and is it the worst Spurs team in history. I don't care about Spurs and I'm not being funny but Chelsea have it really easy this year with the Premier League being so poor. If we hit form then realistically only United and Southampton have any real chance of catching both of us.

The bubble has clearly burst at Southampton now so really beyond West Ham sustaining a top 4 challenge, who else is going to really pack a threat to say Chelsea, us and the scum who are now getting it sorted. Arsenal won't because Arsenal are always the same, they don't have enough going for them up front and in defence to sustain a real challenge to say the top 3.

Saying this is the best Chelsea team in history is ridiculous too because they have not won a thing yet and all they did in the summer was sign a couple of excellent players, the rest of the team is the same as last year and what did they win last year? F all.

inbetween said:
I finished work late last night and the only thing Talksport were talking about was is this the best Chelsea team in history and is it the worst Spurs team in history. I don't care about Spurs and I'm not being funny but Chelsea have it really easy this year with the Premier League being so poor. If we hit form then realistically only United and Southampton have any real chance of catching both of us.

The bubble has clearly burst at Southampton now so really beyond West Ham sustaining a top 4 challenge, who else is going to really pack a threat to say Chelsea, us and the scum who are now getting it sorted. Arsenal won't because Arsenal are always the same, they don't have enough going for them up front and in defence to sustain a real challenge to say the top 3.

Saying this is the best Chelsea team in history is ridiculous because they have not won a thing yet and all they did in the summer was sign a couple of excellent players, with the rest of the team the same they were shit and won nothing last year.

Chelsea are decent to be fair, there are a couple of players who would get in our side (one who would be here if we'd not been fucked over by Marwood)

I despise Maureen with a passion mind and hope they win fuck all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.