Ilkay Gundogan - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I'm most disappointed about with him is that he doesn't want the ball as much as I expected. When Yaya was immense for us, he would have more touches than anyone else on the pitch, and by some distance. Gundogan doesn't seem to have the same willingness to dictate from start to finish. I expected everything to go through him, but it doesn't.

Do not understand your comments at all....for me he is always looking to pick up the ball. And Yaya's been at City for many years for Christ's sake whereas Gundogan has barely played a handful of games.

Shown glimpses of serious talent and I can't wait for him to hit his stride over the full 90 minutes.

As an aside, it looked on the replays as if he was trying to place the ball in the top corner for his chances both yesterday and against Barca. Would have both been magnificent goals if he managed to pull it off but - just like the rest of the team - it's not going his way at the moment.

I like him, but it's no coincidence our performances and results have gone to dogshit since he's come in.

It's not him personally, but him/silva/fern and Kev just don't seem to be collectively ticking, whereas before Ilkay came in we moved the ball much faster.

We can be thankful no one's pulling away from us and hopefully we gel asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.