Incredulous pace of change under Roberto Mancini

Lordeffingham

Having just watched the latest version of 'The Rushes' on the OS, I feel this really does emphasise the monumentous work and incredible speed of change from what was the Hughes debarkle to our current possition of Premier League Champions, and all after Mancini had at thispoint taken over the helm and started to build his and our much beloved team.

I know much has already been said, but just considering what was in place at that point, and the decisions and changes Mancini quickly made in order to take us forward, and to where we find ourselves today, it is all actually quite scary when you try to take stock and when all is considered.

Taking note of the bulk of our playing staff lining up for the team photo near the end of the clip, it really does bring it home to you and really makes you appreciate what collosal and meteoric changes have actually had to take place.

When you also consider that in almost every case, those that were cast, were almost universally challenged by many of us on 'Bluemoon' and touted in most cases as 'mistakes', it emphasises even more, who really does know what they are talking about and also demonstrates quite clearly a man clearly capable of sorting out the weak from the chaff.

We all know there have been several changes of personnel under Mancini, and that a good few players have left since his arrival, but when you put them all down in a list, it demonstrates not just the odd few changes but in all honesty a complete overhall and gigantic shift of what were, if we're absolutely honest, mostly second rate individuals.

Yes, there some were good, honest men amongst them, with reasonable ability, but arguably none other than maybe Tevez would come even close to being seen as first team worthy in Mancini's current first team squad.

What do you think?:

Bridge, Jo, Adebayor, Bellamy, SWP, Ireland, Vierra, M Johnson, Given, Petrov, Kolo, Onuoha, Robinho, Cruz, Garrido, Silvinho, A Johnson, Tevez, (a total of 18 Players).

When looking at the above list, I find it quite amazing that in just over 2 years, these players, who all formed what was at that time the core of our main first team squad, are now are either gone or very likely to be gone before we commence our first season as reigning Champions.

In my opinion this is testament to just how much Mancini has done, and in an unbelievably short space of time, and also has all been carried out at a pace which can surely only be descibed as astonishing.

Forza Mancini!

Very good post, but we needed all the players you mentioned in order to get to a position, where the players that make up the current squad were willing to come here.

Oh, and one small point. It's the wheat from the chaff. As in the chaff is the rubbish that is harvested with the wheat and must be removed before the wheat can be used for breadmaking, etc.

Hard to believe how quickly Mancini has taken us from aspirants to winners. The sensible ones grasped the chance. Those destined to be also rans have gone.

Lordeffingham said:
Having just watched the latest version of 'The Rushes' on the OS, I feel this really does emphasise the monumentous work and incredible speed of change from what was the Hughes debarkle to our current possition of Premier League Champions, and all after Mancini had at thispoint taken over the helm and started to build his and our much beloved team.

I know much has already been said, but just considering what was in place at that point, and the decisions and changes Mancini quickly made in order to take us forward, and to where we find ourselves today, it is all actually quite scary when you try to take stock and when all is considered.

Taking note of the bulk of our playing staff lining up for the team photo near the end of the clip, it really does bring it home to you and really makes you appreciate what collosal and meteoric changes have actually had to take place.

When you also consider that in almost every case, those that were cast, were almost universally challenged by many of us on 'Bluemoon' and touted in most cases as 'mistakes', it emphasises even more, who really does know what they are talking about and also demonstrates quite clearly a man clearly capable of sorting out the weak from the chaff.

We all know there have been several changes of personnel under Mancini, and that a good few players have left since his arrival, but when you put them all down in a list, it demonstrates not just the odd few changes but in all honesty a complete overhall and gigantic shift of what were, if we're absolutely honest, mostly second rate individuals.

Yes, there some were good, honest men amongst them, with reasonable ability, but arguably none other than maybe Tevez would come even close to being seen as first team worthy in Mancini's current first team squad.

What do you think?:

Bridge, Jo, Adebayor, Bellamy, SWP, Ireland, Vierra, M Johnson, Given, Petrov, Kolo, Onuoha, Robinho, Cruz, Garrido, Silvinho, A Johnson, Tevez, (a total of 18 Players).

When looking at the above list, I find it quite amazing that in just over 2 years, these players, who all formed what was at that time the core of our main first team squad, are now are either gone or very likely to be gone before we commence our first season as reigning Champions.

In my opinion this is testament to just how much Mancini has done, and in an unbelievably short space of time, and also has all been carried out at a pace which can surely only be descibed as astonishing.

Forza Mancini!

Tevez is going nowhere.

Vienna_70 said:
Oh, and one small point. It's the wheat from the chaff. As in the chaff is the rubbish that is harvested with the wheat and must be removed before the wheat can be used for breadmaking, etc.

Looks like you are the man to ask:

I know what a "barkle" is, but what is a "debarkle"?

Oh wait, I don't know what a "barkle" is either! :+D

Given the fact that after the takeover the likes of Evans, Jo and Garrido were making our first eleven, we had to use players like Adebayor, Bellamy and Given to give us the credibility to even consider the likes of Yaya and Silva.

I agree with the thrust of what you say, but it is a little unfair on Hughes as you have to assume that the process of improvement would have carried on in any event. That said, it is difficult to imagine it being anything like as rapid as it has been under Mancini.

we were always going to improve but the speed he's done it is pretty breathtaking

identifying the driftwood, shifting them on, bringing in an array of hugely talented players, with ego's to match, and moulding them into a team willing to fight for each other is unbelievably good management

i think those players had a huge respect for him because of who he was as a player, it just couldnt have happened as quick otherwise

Hart, Richards, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Barry, De Jong, Tevez. All had major parts in the title win and all were at the club when Hughes was in charge.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.