Inigo Martinez

Our defence was bullied by both Lukaku and Costa last season off the top of my head, though they weren't headers more holding off defenders.
So, going off that with Costa replaced by Morata, it comes down to whether we want a left sided cb that is physical for a handful of games or more technical which might benefit us more often. That's assuming Kompany is available regularly. To be honest I don't really know where I'm going with this just mulling it over in my head, what would be most useful for the squad.

So, going off that with Costa replaced by Morata, it comes down to whether we want a left sided cb that is physical for a handful of games or more technical which might benefit us more often. That's assuming Kompany is available regularly. To be honest I don't really know where I'm going with this just mulling it over in my head, what would be most useful for the squad.

Well, end of the day Pep will stick to his philosophy of "10 midfielders" and that's why he is no Mangala fan.
There are not many though who would fit on that level.
@domalino has an idea I'd say.

He is left footed. But unfortunately for us he isn't comfortable with either foot.

Yet everytime he has the time he uses his right foot, even his relatively accurate long ball attempt, something he doesn't really do, against United the other day was executed with his right.

But yeah, anyway, his body shape and 'kicking style' or how to call it, isn't exactly compatible with our current demands (even though I think his vision for a CB and actual passing when he's got a bit of time and space is spot on).

Inigo Martinez, sorry.

He was like Laporte 3 years ago, but no one went for him, I think he'd be decent, especially if we could get him below his release clause.

Now, watched some vids and being quite impressed.
Question is why he never left San Sebastian being 26. Some big clubs thinking about him but no one signed him. Hm.

He is missing some height (1,81m /5ft11).
Maybe he is a much better candidate for DM?
Accurate passing, reads a game well, great long passes, good at steals/tackles, strong personality.
DM, does that make sense?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.