Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disgraceful? Referencing someone who is paid eyewatering amounts of money to play football as "overweight" has fuck all to do with 'body image'. As for 'mental health', do you seriously believe Phillips doesn't have sufficient resilience to cope with a mild rebuke regarding his lack of fitness and the possibility of some piss-taking from the terraces? If that was the case, I wouldn't want him anywhere near a City team. For the record, I don't believe for a second it will affect him other than to act as further incentive to get into shape double-quick.
spot on Kippaxpete

Just seen it properly. Disgraceful by the manager that is. Our game has come a long way in terms of body image and mental health. Not a good look at all seeing the best coach in the world publicly air that. The poor lad will be jeered by opposition fans for the rest of his career for that.

Played at his first World Cup, probably ate a bit more fibre and salt than usual afterwards to celebrate with family. His body will retain that and show up on the scales. Pep should've left that to the people that know what they're doing, ignorant comments like that belong on the Med.
Give over, Disgraceful? he’s a professional footballer on millions who’s job it is to be on weight, Peps told him to shape up, hopefully he gets his act together and we see sommat outta the dough we shelled out on the lad.

Give over, Disgraceful? he’s a professional footballer on millions who’s job it is to be on weight, Peps told him to shape up, hopefully he gets his act together and we see sommat outta the dough we shelled out on the lad.
Spot on, these footballers are living the dream and should do their utmost to get the best out of their careers.

Can’t stand the fake Ronnie as a person but he has kept himself in tremendous shape, an example to every pro.

Just seen it properly. Disgraceful by the manager that is. Our game has come a long way in terms of body image and mental health. Not a good look at all seeing the best coach in the world publicly air that. The poor lad will be jeered by opposition fans for the rest of his career for that.

Played at his first World Cup, probably ate a bit more fibre and salt than usual afterwards to celebrate with family. His body will retain that and show up on the scales. Pep should've left that to the people that know what they're doing, ignorant comments like that belong on the Med.
Disgraceful by the manager? More like a disgraceful post.

Philips is paid a fortune to keep fit and healthy, he clearly has not done that, he has contributed NOTHING to this club who invested a considerable amount of money in him.

If a highly paid professional athlete is not prepared to make sacrifices for his career, maybe he should be looking for a new job.

Can go one of two ways.
If Phillips takes this humiliation on board, gets back to the required fitness, takes his chance when it comes along, then it will be seen as another Pep masterstroke.....
But....

Disgraceful by the manager? More like a disgraceful post.

Philips is paid a fortune to keep fit and healthy, he clearly has not done that, he has contributed NOTHING to this club who invested a considerable amount of money in him.

If a highly paid professional athlete is not prepared to make sacrifices for his career, maybe he should be looking for a new job.

Too right.

Yes we had a similar thing with Mahrez but he had enough credit in the bank.

Philips is paid a king’s random and has played what, about two games for us? Goes to the World Cup and comes back overnight?! Get in the bin.

He’s taking the fucking piss and can jog on for me now tbh. Unless we see a massive transformation I wouldn’t care less if we sold him back to Leeds in the summer.

Too right.

Yes we had a similar thing with Mahrez but he had enough credit in the bank.

Philips is paid a king’s random and has played what, about two games for us? Goes to the World Cup and comes back overnight?! Get in the bin.

He’s taking the fucking piss and can jog on for me now tbh. Unless we see a massive transformation I wouldn’t care less if we sold him back to Leeds in the summer.
He clearly treated Qatar as a glorified holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.