Insanity work-out

ayia napa blues said:
Blue Smarties said:
Going to need to do my second phase of this, since freshers week I've eaten shit and not touched the gym. Awful.

Ha ha living the dream tho fella
Haha, the dream can only last so many weeks until you get bored of fast food for life. McDonalds for lunch and Subway for tea yesterday has only gone and firmed my decision, after this lot of food is gone that's it - back to old.

Now started this to see what it's like,
I much prefer structured training in groups (Martial Arts, Marines etc..) as I'm easily motivated in a group/class environment but work and travel are taking it's toll so figured I could do this at home or a hotel room.

did the fit test last night, was like a decent circuit session, have to admit to a few aches in places that haven't ached for a few years, so must be alright.

I'll see what the plyo-cardio one is like tonight..

OxBlue said:
I much prefer structured training in groups (Martial Arts, Marines etc..) as I'm easily motivated in a group/class environment but work and travel are taking it's toll so figured I could do this at home or a hotel room.

did the fit test last night, was like a decent circuit session, have to admit to a few aches in places that haven't ached for a few years, so must be alright.

good luck fella, having been through it all the second time is harder than the first time as daft as it sounds. I think im pushing harder now so thats probably why.

Just done day 2 . Plyo-cardio is insane, never felt so exhausted in my life. But felt amazing after I did it.

RandomJ said:
Just done day 2 . Plyo-cardio is insane, never felt so exhausted in my life. But felt amazing after I did it.

You must of started when I did mate, I did the same today.
Never sweated so much in my life! You felt amazing?! Ha, I felt like I was going to die

Robbo. said:
OxBlue said:

good luck fella, having been through it all the second time is harder than the first time as daft as it sounds. I think im pushing harder now so thats probably why.

Did day 2 plyo-cardio tonight, went well, worked hard and was very sweaty at the end, will definitely feel it in my thighs tomorrow and day after.

Most of the exercises (except the funny football sprints, basket ball jumps and warm up knee raise shuffle things) are very familiar through previous exercise, but I work a lot better with someone shouting at me and telling me what to do than off my own back. So I intend to keep it up for the full 60 days

Cheers

@oxbluebilly

CTID1988 said:
RandomJ said:

You must of started when I did mate, I did the same today.
Never sweated so much in my life! You felt amazing?! Ha, I felt like I was going to die

Ive just done day 3. My legs were killing me from day 2 but i was surprised how much i did today. I did more than i thought i would and felt great after the workout

Well done to those just starting out, I started over again on Monday. Would like those killer abs in time for Xmas please!
Here are my before and after stats if anyone is interested.
Starting (finished in brackets) : weight 11 st 10 (10 st 11 3/4) waist 37" (30.5") Hips 44.5" (41.5")
I was so unfit when I started I couldn't do more than one press up. I'd say last two weeks I got up to speed with the young fit bods in the workouts which is why I'm starting over. Did the Plyo last night in a perverse way I loved every second and can't wait for my workout later.
I've uploaded pics to Instagram, can just about handle my before at the size of my iPhone screen :) my username is Arty Col for those interested
Good luck to everyone Ohh for those who asked I didn't do the fit test after the third week, just could not see how it is possible to give your all in that and then follow up with an hour of intense cardio or Plyo, it is obvious that progress is made when you repeat workouts. And Tanya will not be beaten haha.

What do people suggest on the nutrition side?

Atm I'm just having bran flakes for breakfast, sandwich for lunch and a healthy dinner after my workout with satsumas as a snack but the plan suggests 5 meals a day. I just can't get my head round how eating more= weight loss.

Are you guys doing the 5 meals thing? Also keep hearing how Nesquik is a good recovery drink or should I just stick with the whey protein?

RandomJ said:
What do people suggest on the nutrition side?

Atm I'm just having bran flakes for breakfast, sandwich for lunch and a healthy dinner after my workout with satsumas as a snack but the plan suggests 5 meals a day. I just can't get my head round how eating more= weight loss.

Are you guys doing the 5 meals thing? Also keep hearing how Nesquik is a good recovery drink or should I just stick with the whey protein?
Think its because youre burning more calories than normal, and if youre working out you dont want to be burning off the muscle you have, guess it depends on what your shape is like and what youre looking to get out of it. I use whey protein for my recovery, done day 3 today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.