Insanity work-out

FantasyIreland said:
Tragic meat van guy said:
Oops, thats me told ;-)

Not at all mate,it's all a learning process.....

You've made a very decent contribution to this thread.

I use Nutrisport 90 plus(chocolate) and have done for many years,it works out about £55 for 5kg(vat recently added..... sent price through roof!),i have never had a problem and seen some good results with the product.

Bulksupplementsdirect are also another company i trust and have used since they began,they do a fantastic range of supplements,this link is one of their best products.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bulksupplementsdirect.co.uk/khxc/bulk-casein-and-whey-complete.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bulksupplementsdirect.co.uk/ ... plete.html</a>

I have a referall code of BSD83 which will get you 5% off your first order if you wish to try them.....

Im going to start the insanity workout next week, would you reccomend i use the suppliments you listed above?
Im going to use it to replace one of the five meals a day, maybe 2 because its hard to find time to prepare more than 3 meals with work and stuff

FantasyIreland said:
Oops, thats me told ;-)

I use Nutrisport 90 plus(chocolate) and have done for many years,it works out about £55 for 5kg(vat recently added..... sent price through roof!),i have never had a problem and seen some good results with the product.

Bulksupplementsdirect are also another company i trust and have used since they began,they do a fantastic range of supplements,this link is one of their best products.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bulksupplementsdirect.co.uk/khxc/bulk-casein-and-whey-complete.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bulksupplementsdirect.co.uk/ ... plete.html</a>

I have a referall code of BSD83 which will get you 5% off your first order if you wish to try them.....

According to their instructions they suggest 3-4 shakes a day with that one, is that correct?

I dont use as often as that,other than missing out on certain macronutrients/vits/minerals/antioxidats etc from 'real' food,it will do no harm if you do but they are trying to sell the stuff lol......

I normally have one at breakfast and as a 'meal replacement' with some almonds during the day.

After a workout with a banana is also a good choice.<br /><br />-- 17 Oct 2012 14:54 --<br /><br />A good rule of thumb if you are training hard is to consume approx 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight per day.

The average meal sitting being approx 30g,anywhere between 5 and 8 times a day.Obviously the bigger you are and the harder you train(in order to recover) the more you will require.

One thing that is confusing me is when to eat and when to have te protein shake.

Il be most likely doing my workout around 6-7, so should i be eating me tea after this!? Ive heard a protein shake is good after a workout, so should i be drinking one of them then eating my tea?? Im not sure how to balance it out.

Im thinking 5 meals a day, with the insanity workout at around 6pm-7pm that day. Just dont know how to space my meals/protein shakes around that.

Any tips from those who have done it? Like ive said earlier, im useless at this stuff! Never done it before

FantasyIreland said:
Oops, thats me told ;-)

Nutrisport90+ looks sound and is loads cheaper! cheers fella

CTID1988 said:
One thing that is confusing me is when to eat and when to have te protein shake.

Il be most likely doing my workout around 6-7, so should i be eating me tea after this!? Ive heard a protein shake is good after a workout, so should i be drinking one of them then eating my tea?? Im not sure how to balance it out.

Im thinking 5 meals a day, with the insanity workout at around 6pm-7pm that day. Just dont know how to space my meals/protein shakes around that.

Any tips from those who have done it? Like ive said earlier, im useless at this stuff! Never done it before

Again this is just what I do:

meal 1, 8.00am

Meal 2, 11am

Meal 3, 2pm

Meal 4, 5pm

6:30pm, workout then nesquick chocolate shake with milk after. (During insanity they are always banging on about results and recovery formula after a workout. Again this I just what I have been told but nesquick has a ration of 4 parts carb to 1 part protein, which is the same as the result and recovery formula but cost £2 a tub instead of £30. Apparently the body wants the carbs from sugars after the workout and a small amount of protein can 'piggyback' into the muscles with it, helping them recover. Plus its cheap. Fuck knows if this is true but me and the mrs have remained injury and muscle pain free whilst doing insanity, except for the first 3 days during which you will feel like you have been run over)

After workout and nesquick, jump in shower.

8pm, meal 5.

CTID1988 said:

meal 1, 8.00am

Meal 2, 11am

Meal 3, 2pm

Meal 4, 5pm

6:30pm, workout then nesquick chocolate shake with milk after. (During insanity they are always banging on about results and recovery formula after a workout. Again this I just what I have been told but nesquick has a ration of 4 parts carb to 1 part protein, which is the same as the result and recovery formula but cost £2 a tub instead of £30. Apparently the body wants the carbs from sugars after the workout and a small amount of protein can 'piggyback' into the muscles with it, helping them recover. Plus its cheap. Fuck knows if this is true but me and the mrs have remained injury and muscle pain free whilst doing insanity, except for the first 3 days during which you will feel like you have been run over)

8pm, meal 5.

I have a couple of variations on that...

If I'm working from home I'll do...
Breakfast - 730ish
Snack - 1030
Workout -1130
Lunch - straight after (usually something high protein like scrambled eggs or tuna)
Snack - 3pm
Tea - 6ish

If I'm working out in the evening, I do exactly the same but do the workout about 8, though sometimes as late as 11 depending on what I'm doing, then will usually have a snack after the workout - banana or yoghurt typically

philinho said:
CTID1988 said:

meal 1, 8.00am

Meal 2, 11am

Meal 3, 2pm

Meal 4, 5pm

8pm, meal 5.

Breakfast - 730ish
Snack - 1030
Workout -1130
Lunch - straight after (usually something high protein like scrambled eggs or tuna)
Snack - 3pm
Tea - 6ish

If I'm working out in the evening, I do exactly the same but do the workout about 8, though sometimes as late as 11 depending on what I'm doing, then will usually have a snack after the workout - banana or yoghurt typically

I was thinking something like this but do my workout at 6 and have my tea straight after, is it ok to have a protein shake aswel as your tea?

CTID1988 said:
philinho said:

meal 1, 8.00am

Meal 2, 11am

Meal 3, 2pm

Meal 4, 5pm

8pm, meal 5.

Breakfast - 730ish
Snack - 1030
Workout -1130
Snack - 3pm
Tea - 6ish

I was thinking something like this but do my workout at 6 and have my tea straight after, is it ok to have a protein shake aswel as your tea?

Dunno mate, but I don't see why not. I've noticed that im able to work harder if I eat about an hour before the workout, so I wouldn't leave 3 hours if I were you...

Finally got this and gonna start it tomorrow :s had a little look at the first 5mins or so of the fitness test and it looks ok but i know its gonna be tough.

I like the calender they give you, so you can print it out so you know where your up to. Any advise for me from you guys that have already got stuck into this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.