Interesting silly City facts.

The oldest player ever to score a goal in the top flight was a City player - on April 15 1922, Billy Meredith scored for City at Turf Moor, Burnley, at the age of 47 years and eight months.

Stanlet Matthews played till he was fifty, but he hadn't scored for five seasons, so our Billy holds the record.

Billy Meredith is also the oldest FA Cup scorer ever as well and did that for us too at 49 years old, unless that record has somehow changed in the last 20 years he still holds that record.

Last edited:
What actually happened with Coppell and his 30 odd day managership? I've never heard the full story.
There were some scandalous rumours going around at the time but I think it was mainly down to the personal situation regarding his divorce and the fact he just realised it was just the wrong time for him to do such a big task. He was a good manager and probably would have improved us in time, even though he was linked to the dark side I still didn’t mind the appointment.

There were some scandalous rumours going around at the time but I think it was mainly down to the personal situation regarding his divorce and the fact he just realised it was just the wrong time for him to do such a big task. He was a good manager and probably would have improved us in time, even though he was linked to the dark side I still didn’t mind the appointment.
Cheers for that CoL. I know he's an ex rag but seems like decent bloke.

The oldest Premier League player is John Burridge who was 43 years, 4 months and 25 days old when he last played for City.
Are you sure that wasn't 43 stone 4 lbs and 25 ounces?

I know I know 25 ounces would be another 1lb 9 ounces but it didn't look right

Wracking my brain trying to remember if it was City v sheff Wednesday in the mid 90s. camera man got the wrong day so its the last ever premier league game not to be recorded. Think it may have been paul warhurst who scored the winning goal but has never seen it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.