International Matches - (9/11/16 - 16/11/16)

And thats why I love watching Womans International football so much more and especially England with usually 7 of our girls in action.

Me too, OC! It might be a tad slower, might be a lot less technical, but there's an honesty about England women that makes them much more watchable. I managed 15 mins of the men tonight before the mute went on and then didn't make HT. Just not of merchantable quality. What was Southgate's face like when the second Spanish goal went in. And Little Fat Sam? Bet he laughed at that one!

I enjoyed the conversation between the commentators where they were meandering around the topic of giving Southgate the job, and one went on to say something along the lines of "there are no reoccurring themes in the managers of the recent championship successes, Southgate brought through the English set up;who's to say he wouldn't succeed'. Then went on to name the successful managers of over the last decade and realise that they all had the common trend of being experienced at the top level quite considerably and that none of them managed any of the national youth sides; yet no reoccurring themes. Turds.

I might be in danger of being biased but Lingard and Rashford have been shite.

You can never be accused of that, but these two play for the " greatest team in Stretford " and therefore must be included in an England team -FA directive.

The biggest irony about the whole Stones situation is that Hoddle can't wait to slag him off for trying to keep possession. However, the reason England didn't win that game was because of their inability to keep the ball.

You've got to question what the fuck Henderson was doing as captain towards the end of the game. He should have been making sure that England kept the ball high up the pitch and wasted time. Rashford, Lingard, Clyne and Cresswell all gave the ball away trying to go for a third rather than see out the win.

The way England was attacking in the 82nd minute you would have thought they were the side who were 2-0 down. They were attacking for attacking sake and it was summed up by Rashford's shocking pass to Cresswell when the pass was never on.

They will learn from this but it's obvious that the likes of Lingard, Cresswell and three quarters of the bench are not good enough at international level. I just don't understand how players who are not first team regulars and are extremely inexperienced are getting games for England.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.