Internationals 5th-11th October

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by MarsLlama, 5 Oct 2017.

1. bluebanana83

bluebanana83

He can hardly talk he was one of the ga
    What about that lad City were eyeing up? Defender?

2. Pell

Pell

Now the England U21's have called him up, and he's becoming more known, there's not much chance of it happening, especially if City do a Mooy type deal and he joins a club in England.

3. Bwahahaha...I love how you’ve crowbarred Wales into that.

4. MarsLlama

MarsLlama

A world cup without Neil Taylor is nothing to watch.

5. unlikelyfan19

unlikelyfan19

Yeah, but again, if he has the opportunity to go to 3 world cups with the United States, as opposed to going to 0 with England, what choice do you make? Of course, everyone wants to play for their "home" country, but making the England team is no guarantee. So he will have a choice to make.

6. unlikelyfan19

unlikelyfan19

Yeah! You are talking about Erik Palmer-Brown. He comes to us at the end of the season (where I am sure he just gets loaned out to Girona or something for a couple seasons). There is a list of 25-30 U.S. Youth kids playing all over the world. Fiorentina, Schalke, Liga MX, MLS, Netherlands, England etc. Just making a point that these kids need to be the only ones getting games right now, not our mid 30 year olds.

7. citytilllidie

citytilllidie

If they're not good enough to get in the first team, then they go on loan and if don't develop, be sold. I'd like to see young players coming through, but they have to be good enough. Foden, Diaz defo going to make it, Sancho also, though gone. Possibly the keeper, but I think that's it out of the current lot

8. BJL_City

BJL_City

which World Cup would that be? Maybe if he's Panamanian...

9. Henkeman

Henkeman

He started for the U21s last night in a qualifier. Choice is made.

10. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

If USA showed half the passion evinced by Twellman, we still would have won. USA's side was far better - we lost primarily because there was lack of motivation in the side.

That said, there are a number of other huge issues that need to be addressed if the USA men's side is going to compete for the WC title anytime within the next 8 to 12 years or so.

Last edited: 13 Oct 2017