Internationals 5th-11th October

This International football lark is on its knees.

Look at the state of the Italians and the Dutch.

I'm not sure Brazil and Argentina are any better off despite having wonderful individual talents.

Brazil are, they've been superb since they appointed Tite.

Germany, Brazil and Spain look the only top class teams at the moment. The rest of them fighting to be the best of the shit.

Germany, Brazil and Spain look the only top class teams at the moment. The rest of them fighting to be the best of the shit.

Only time will tell with Brazil.

Completely agree about Spain and Germany. Possibly France too but I feel Deschamps is the wrong man in charge.

Belgium will once again be 'dark horses' but probably lack in one or two areas.

Only time will tell with Brazil.

Completely agree about Spain and Germany. Possibly France too but I feel Deschamps is the wrong man in charge.

Belgium will once again be 'dark horses' but probably lack in one or two areas.

Don't know how I forgot about Belgium, probably would have them as best of the rest due to their lack of big game experience. France have the players but as you allude to, I don't rate the manager at all.

+1
For me, Brazil are favorites to win the WC next year; France 2nd best - I think that France has the better squad on paper, but for some reason, France just don't get it done when it matters.

Spain and Germany are up there too and could easily win it all.

Agree that Belgium is a dark horse - certainly possible that they'll win it all but they've never played to their potential.

USA finally gets a convincing win, led in large part by Pulisic.

USA aren't very good at all, lacking quality everywhere and with Pulisic the only class player we currently have.

Probably we'll qualify now for the WC but if we get out of the group stage, that's about as far as I expect we'll go.

2022 though should be interesting - USA has a lot of talent coming up. We might actually be pretty good in 5-years time.

Just give the WC to Germany and have done with the whole fucking charade, then we can concentrate on the proper stuff. :-)

Nah,we not much better than them in the play offs,but thankfully don't have to worry about them neither,I'm only playing with you anyway,just having a laugh,but one thing I can assure you in my 40 odd years on this earth,Scotland have never bossed England,and doubt they ever will,I would say good luck Sunday,but I wouldn't mean it............:)

I welcome your honesty and I know your not having a go. I agree in the last 40 years we probably never bossed you. That would be like Burnley bossing City. We have 5m people and to boss a country ten times our size is difficult even for Scots who thrive on being outnumbered.

We are getting better. That's not bravado, I don't believe in that, you need to be brutal in your assessment of your team, if you aren't your kidding yourself on.

Getting nervous at this game tonight. I'm trying not to get too excited. We are away from home. We have clawed our way back with good brave performances. Just one more step to reach the play offs.

Perfect conditions for a typical Scottish collapse. We are all feeling it will happen and yet feel we have a chance.

It's not easy.

Come on Scotland. Fight like fuck. That's all we can ask. Fight like fuck. I think I will have a malt right now, feel a rising nervous breakdown incident is on the cards. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.