Is anyone else not getting excited?

I'm very excited for this season but also the next ones. I really think if Pep stays more than 3 seasons. He could create one of the greatest English sides of all time.
Just look at the players he's brought in so far. Jesus, Stones, Bernardo, Sane, Gundogan, Mendy, Walker, Ederson, Danilo etc..

Now imagine this side when he replaces Mangala with his ideal LCB, Yaya with his ideal Pivot, as well as some LB Cover. And it seems like Sanchez is joining in the next 10 months as well.

Trying to rein in the excitement, if we are still doing this to teams when the daffodils are popping up we will be on the cusp of a special season.

Since we last won the league we have always had the most talented bunch of players of any of the Premier league teams unfortunately we just weren't consistent enough and the attitude of the players just wasn't right.

I think we have killed 2 birds with 1 stone this transfer window. Our issues with aging full backs and not addressing it looks solved, Mendy and Walker have put some right shifts in. Walker is fast becoming my favourite player for work rate effort and actually being a bit of thug and giving it out to people. We have lacked players that stand up for themselves.

Walker and Mendy have also eased out centre half fears. They offer far more protection and its starting to bring out John Stones' natural game, our friends in the media love going after English city players but I think they will be made to eat humble pie in the next couple of years.

Big priorities in the coming weeks is to go and do what we did to Watford,Feyenoord and Liverpool at Stanford bridge and really send out a message. Then win the next 2 home games in the champions league to take the pressure off and begin rotating towards the back end of the year so we can concentrate on being in touching distance in the premier league for January.

This! If we see a dominate performance and three points here then we can all get abit giddy.
What we've seen in recent matches is mavellous on the eye but the test is against the top sides.
Chelsea, along with ourselves, are the top title challengers. Spurs, pool and the neighbours are a bit behind.
A convincing win against Conte's side will put the shits up everyone when they come to face us.
The Chelsea game is the exact same point in the season as the spurs game last season

If we see a similar result we could be looking at a big blow to our confidence

However this season feels different , we are working teams into the ground with our high press

Walker has made a massive difference , there were three or four times when they looked to be breaking down our right side but his recovery pace just swept it up time and again

If that was Zabba in the same position last year he would have been widening the angle trying to cut off his run , blowing out of his arse as he chased back

We definitely need some left back cover though, Mandy can't keep that energy up every week , he's a machine down the left

I am starting to feel the rumblings of excitement gargling through my loins.

I plan to have it assessed next week.

I got giddy last season when we started well. 10 games we were awesome. Then it went tits up. Ill be giddy with 2 games to go and we are 10pts in front :)
88_facebook_like_button_big.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.