Is it time we went to a cashless stadium?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by StevieAsk, 21 Oct 2017.

1. john lett

john lett

Never bought a pint, a pie, chips or anything in the Etihad from day one, no i'm not a tight fucker or a traitor i just don't like being ripped off, as someone posted £3 for 4 cans of Smiths in their local supermarket sums it up, that's my choice mind but if some people have more money than sense that's their bag

2. Mid Wales blue

Mid Wales blue

At least I'll be employable in December! ;-)

3. Tanzeylee

Tanzeylee

You looking for work in an Argos warehouse

4. cleavers

cleavers

I went to a "cashless stadium" years ago, in that I don't spend any of my cash in the stadium, its far easier to buy decent food and drink elsewhere for half the price.

5. Mid Wales blue

Mid Wales blue

No!
    I'm semi retired, only work one night per year!!!

6. davymcfc

davymcfc

I don’t buy burgers from the stadium any more. If I was hungry I would want a proper greasy burger not some shit, flavorless gormet burger.

I notice they were trying to flog zero alcohol Heineken the other night. What is the point of that?

7. Scaring Europe to Death

Scaring Europe to Death

Most of the Bundesliga stadiums have adopted a club credit card,(not dissimilar to an Oyster Card) that doesn't require chip and pin.
    Nobody's in the beer queue, because they're all queuing to have their cards topped-up.

8. peoffrey

peoffrey

If you mean against Napoli then the question answers itself. No alcohol for ordinary fans inside the stadium.

9. davymcfc

davymcfc

Yes but why would anyone want to drink that stuff anyway?

10. anyoldblu

anyoldblu

Problem easily solved - accept credit/debit cards only. Do have one? Let the club sell prepaid cards that can be topped-up.

Having said that - all the offering are overpriced and the service speed is still woeful, I wonder why anyone bothers.