Is our club against capping away prices?

Let's not forget that now have a much larger ground to fill. They were charging away fans £60 for cat a games at Upton Park this season.
Fair play to them for that, its a good deal, but they still have some quite steep prices, and I see they've copied our 93:20 and Joes idea of "premium seating", but no prices or details on that.

It will be interesting to see how they price individual match day tickets, and how many of the £289 ticket there actually are. Also it will be interesting to hear where these seats are offered, and exactly how many families of 4 actually get 4 season tickets for £776. Of course there'll probably never be any info released on that, and its likely that most West Ham fans won't get to see these.

The family of four deal and the under 16's is absolutely fantastic. With those prices I can see West Ham getting a lot of there fanbase that have been priced out back in the new stadium. They could potentially end up the biggest London club

I am not disputing some of the points you raise however I think people who are running this campaign clearly show little knowledge of legal requirements on Companies ( it may also be different in Germany btw) the other point is they are too close to the argument and take it too personally.
I accept that football clubs are not quite the same as other businesses as the fan can't just go somewhere else, however the point that is sorely missed by the advocates of this campaign is you can still be a huge fan without actually attending what you might consider over priced away game , for all the reasons you have raised,that still does not address the issue that whilst an individual may feel enough is enough other richer fans may be happy to pay that price and in fact a whole lot more.

I could say that Rolls Royce charge way too much for their cars and because they make millions of pound profit each year, As I can't afford one so they should be forced to lower their prices.

I thought your business was doing so well that you can afford a Roller these days ;)

I totally get what you're saying and the issue of price elasticity plays a big part in all this. I will add that it has slipped under the radar on this thread that the ongoing FSF campaign for cheaper away tickets has even had Scudamore acknowledging that something probably needs to be done about away ticket prices at least. Perhaps that will be in the guise of an increase in the seasonal away fans fund which currently stands at £200k per season. If that happens then we can look forward to more half price away games. Scudamore did add that they can't do much about home ticket prices as there are so many different pricing structures at each club.

As much as I felt the Anfield walkout was effective (the media payed some attention)
The fans were still paying customers... I don't think FSG will be that worried.

If however, many supporters didn't buy tickets, and ST holders didn't turn up - then FSG would take notice.

This is what it takes, actual boycotting and if we the customers aren't prepared to boycott then prices will stay the same and or increase.

Something national, across the whole 92 teams needs to happen... showing solidarity.
Will it? No because of this lack of collectivity amongst football fans.

Maybe an effective campaign online to establish a collective mindset by FSF or them to part help could get the ball rolling.

I see Herbert today reckons that the £30 cap is never going to fly as it's disproportionate. More likely is quadrupling the £200k subsidy to £800k, because then every club is paying out the same amount (I really don't like the logic of that, as it's 'big clubs stay big" politics again). It's suggested that this will go to tickets though, rather than painting (Herbert, being Herbert, majors on praising Utd of course).

It'll come up again in April at the next meeting.

£800k would split across what, about 50,000 tickets for the season, although it could be used loaded for e.g. Arsenal as opposed to Stoke prices.

I see Herbert today reckons that the £30 cap is never going to fly as it's disproportionate. More likely is quadrupling the £200k subsidy to £800k, because then every club is paying out the same amount (I really don't like the logic of that, as it's 'big clubs stay big" politics again). It's suggested that this will go to tickets though, rather than painting (Herbert, being Herbert, majors on praising Utd of course).

It'll come up again in April at the next meeting.

£800k would split across what, about 50,000 tickets for the season, although it could be used loaded for e.g. Arsenal as opposed to Stoke prices.

At the moment we get 2 or 3 half price league games a season as a result of the 200k pot so increasing that to 800k should equate to about half our away games in the league which would be a big step in the right direction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.