Is Premier League football becoming less entertaining?

Combination of the new TV money resulting in high player turnover across the league and disjointed teams lacking in identity and style, every fucking team we play happy to put ten men behind the ball and try to grab a 1-0 and too much focus on the media/soap opera bullshit to detract from the poor fare on the pitch.

It's just over £100 for a season ticket at Bayern and I don't think it's that much different at other Bundesliga grounds.

If they can do it then why can't we?

It's pure greed and playing into the hands of supply and demand because the clubs know someone will pay it.

I am all for this type of capitalism but you have to have limits when it alienates the core support of the product.
The Bundesliga shows us the way. The EPL maybe the richest but the German league is far more fan friendly.

Their rules on ownership help too.

It's a great model, yet as you say greed gets to the owners.[/QUOTE]

They do have season tickets at £100 but don't be fooled by that they have an awful lot of very expensive and in out bracket prices! we have season tickets at £300 and our average season ticket prices is pretty good compared to other teams.

Oh and team like the scum that are making it boring to watch and managers like BoreInho pulis Kranka as well.

If anyone gets into the stadium early enough you will see where the game is going, the amount of people pitch side getting pictures taken was unbelievable, honestly some should have been arrested for pitch invasion. It's not about the game anymore it's like the opening night of a new bar, people are doing it just to say they were there. There must have been 50 corporates getting pictures taken, how players prepare mentally for these games is beyond me get all fired up and then can you take a picture with some kids who have won a competition!!
The game has become so sanitised I honestly think if the players walked around for 90 mins most of them couldn't care less as long as they got their photo and 5 course meal.

Bottom line is its just too expensive for fans, and when you do go to a game you want to be entertained, teams parking the bus doesn't help but you can't blame teams for setting up like that, one of the things that drives me up the wall is when players score yet they look miserable as fuck anyone would think they were down to there last fiver instead of most being multi millionaires.
Money doesn't bring true happiness though.
Yes it does help, but I've met some right miserable people with loads of money.

It doesn't help with the "anger" emotion being disallowed so much in the game due to more rules and diving of players... So players with passion try to suppress their emotions on the field as they don't want to be impeded.

Whilst I don't disagree that football is losing its spectre a little,for my money that is down to over saturation on tv and a 24 hour media that sometimes make it hard to turn your TV on.
I'm nearly ten years older than you and remember well the shit days. Ironically I used to attend a far greater percentage of games then.
Probably backing up both our points, we weren't at media saturationpoint back then and I actually felt my support meant something.
I don't put that on the club though, I put that on the plight we were in.

Where I do disagree, I don't think Dunne, Richards or Dickov cared anymore than our players now.
It takes as much bravery or heart to keep receiving the ball knowing you're going to get clattered every time like a Silva or keep wanting the ball when everyone in the country including some of your own fans want to fail like Sterling.
Our players now are playing under such pressure, such a microscope that they require all the bravery of a Dunne or a Dickov.

Yeah I get what you're saying about our players caring.... they just seem to miss that aggressive passion for me, Vinnie showed it vs Southampton and I loved that, but it was understandable for him considering how long he's been out for.

I dunno, it just seems football has lost a lot of charisma in England along with its identity, it's almost as if the game has become a bit foreign in the sense that it doesn't feel like it use to do...
The last time I was really passionate about it was under Mancini when the players looked like they had fight in them till the 90th..... well until the season after we won the league. It's really noticeable at home grounds, and I know we get some stick (empty seats) but you look at every home ground in the premier league, the atmosphere is flat, there's rarely a full crowed...
Even when stadiums sell out a lot of those ticket holders don't bother attending, and opposing fans mock it when really they should look at the bigger picture. Last night united fans didn't turn up to a local derby game that's basically a fight for 4th, and I think that paints a picture of where football is going.

If anyone gets into the stadium early enough you will see where the game is going, the amount of people pitch side getting pictures taken was unbelievable, honestly some should have been arrested for pitch invasion. It's not about the game anymore it's like the opening night of a new bar, people are doing it just to say they were there. There must have been 50 corporates getting pictures taken, how players prepare mentally for these games is beyond me get all fired up and then can you take a picture with some kids who have won a competition!!
The game has become so sanitised I honestly think if the players walked around for 90 mins most of them couldn't care less as long as they got their photo and 5 course meal.
Very interesting and observant post BM.
And I agree. The game is now so sanitised, all the passion,dirt,heart and soul have long since departed.

I think that concentrating on corporate supporters are missing the main point. We all go to see City play well and hopefully win games. One of the main things that is preventing that is the defensive tactics of other teams, parking the bus. Even when we play away it is exactly the same. Fed up with it nothing to shout about just trying to batter away at a closed door. I suspect many of the top teams feel the same way. There are more and more teams employing the same tactics every game. You all know them, Leicester, Crystal Palace, WBA, Stoke, need I go on. The sad thing is that the fans of these teams think it is great because at least it means they don't get beaten hence the reaction of the Rags fans the other night. I find it a huge turn off and I think it is one of the reasons why some supporters will not pay the upward spiral of season tickets.

At times we play such exciting football. Too often it's slow and predictable. I think now Pep is a year wiser and we have faster, younger hungrier players the fun will return.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.