Is there anything, apart from family stuff that can break your heart more than our teams?

Nothing ruins my weekend more than city being shit and other results going against us. Really puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the week

Morrissey cancelling gigs when flights and hotels are booked to Boulder, Dallas, Cleveland and Chicago in the space of a month.....
I saw him a few years ago, after it was postponed twice. I think it was like a week later he canceled the tour. He may be an old geezer but he put on a hell of a show.

[QUOTE="Mad Eyed Screamer, post: 9878970, member: 35487"ssey cancelling gigs when flights and hotels are booked to Boulder, Dallas, Cleveland and Chicago in the space of a month.....[/QUOTE]
Those who ignore the lessons of the past, are doomed to repeat them....or something like that,

I think our long term future is extremely bright; that the systemic, structural problems in our defence were always going to take a couple of years (at best) to address; that the Premier League is much tougher these days - and other teams around us will definitely have performances like yesterday; that I think we'll have a good go at the CL this season (and the Final's in Cardiff); and that shite performances from your team are part and parcel of being a football fan - we have had a much, much better deal in that regard than virtually every other football fan in the country over the last six years.

I'll take that.
Think that's more a belief structure than philosophy but I still like you:-)

I know you said apart from family stuff, but since my two boys have come along I can give or take City's results now and they don't have a negative impact on me for more than a few minutes. When mates had kids and said this to me ten years ago I'd call them all sorts of things but until you have your own you never know. Hopefully when they grow up it will be something we can enjoy together but if they're not interested then it wouldn't bother me. I still watch every game and get involved with it but it's not gonna affect my life in the way it used to.

Give my coping mechanism a try....total media blackout for 3 days after the game.

I know you said apart from family stuff, but since my two boys have come along I can give or take City's results now and they don't have a negative impact on me for more than a few minutes. When mates had kids and said this to me ten years ago I'd call them all sorts of things but until you have your own you never know. Hopefully when they grow up it will be something we can enjoy together but if they're not interested then it wouldn't bother me. I still watch every game and get involved with it but it's not gonna affect my life in the way it used to.

I remember the first time I took my sons and about ten minutes before kick off my youngest asked.

" daddy can we go home now?"

I should have listened to him, it was freezing and if it wasn't the most boring game ever played in the history of football, then my heart goes out to all who attended a worse one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.