Israel-Palestine Conflict

Everyone agrees with that. Who hasn’t agreed with that?

It has nothing to do with whether Israel is committing genocide. And your numerous equivocations of Israeli’s genocidal actions does give the strong impression you either don’t believe they are committing genocide or don’t care that they are (largely, it seems, because other entities are also committing genocide?).

And if you are bored with this thread—and the so-called “anti-west sentiment” in it—then why continue to post in it?

Tbf to the guy, he has tried to be a consistently "level-headed" and "open-minded" poster throughout this thread, despite clearly being affected at a personal, emotional level by the October attack.

It must be exceedingly difficult for those in that situation to cross the Rubicon to join those of us who are less emotionally involved and have seen pretty clearly what has been happening since the first couple of weeks of the conflict, and the last 20 years, in fact.

My admiration for those who have done it, but I think those still struggling with it need understanding rather than a sledgehammer analysis of their individual posts.

All imho, of course.

Tbf to the guy, he has tried to be a consistently "level-headed" and "open-minded" poster throughout this thread, despite clearly being affected at a personal, emotional level by the October attack.

It must be exceedingly difficult for those in that situation to cross the Rubicon to join those of us who are less emotionally involved and have seen pretty clearly what has been happening since the first couple of weeks of the conflict, and the last 20 years, in fact.

My admiration for those who have done it, but I think those still struggling with it need understanding rather than a sledgehammer analysis of their individual posts.

All imho, of course.
I don’t agree at all that the poster has been “level-headed” or “open-minded” in their postings, nor do I think continual obfuscation of genocide (and repeated obvious strawman arguments to attack those denounce Netanyahu, et al) is deserving of “understanding”.

The poster has also not shared any indication that have been “affected at a personal, emotional level by the October attack”, whilst criticising those of us—like me—who do actually have a direct, personally stake In what is happening in Israel and Palestine.

I don’t agree at all that the poster has been “level-headed” or “open-minded” in their postings, nor do I think continual obfuscation of genocide (and repeated obvious strawman arguments to attack those denounce Netanyahu, et al) is deserving of “understanding”.

The poster has also not shared any indication that have been “affected at a personal, emotional level by the October attack”, whilst criticising those of us—like me—who do actually have a direct, personally stake In what is happening in Israel and Palestine.

So you are saying I was half right?

:) Maybe I am mixing him up with another poster on here. I haven't been on much for a while. There didn't seem much point when what is happening has been so clear for so long.

Anyway, as you know, I do like to give people the benefit of the doubt.
Ok.

I think it is a surprise or at least appalling - Jewish people are not the Israeli state and conflating the two allows that state to hide behind AS.
Spot on, what has a Jewish person living in the UK, USA or wherever got to do with the antics of the Israeli Government and the IDF?, absolutely nothing it's like holding any of us responsible for the decisions of Sunak and CO, utterly bonkers. Any anger or venom should never be directed at ordinary citizens who just happen to share the same religion as the sick bastards at the helm, in this country vent at the likes of Sunak and 'Keith: those MPs who are 'Friends of...' etc.

It's a conundrum that leaves us all with blood on our hands. Not sure what the proportion of GDP is, but I suspect that besides some other small scale niche / high tech stuff arms is our only significant manufacturing industry now. The continued viability of that depends on us parking our ethics when it comes to overseas sales.
I suppose because of this when another country buys our arms, they also buy our tacit political support.
Until they use the weapons against us, hence the Falklands cartoon, "Is it one of ours or one of ours?"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.